Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS 1976 Porsche 914-4
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
mopar
This car has been in storage for the past 25 years. It is a completely original unrestored example of a 914-4 delivered to its original owner on 12-8-1975. The yellow exterior paint still shines but does show dings, scratches and some areas that need to be "touched up". The interior is tan and shows normal wear but it is still in very good to excellent condition. The gas and battery were removed prior to storage. The only rust on this car is on the surface of the battery shelf, it is still solid. Otherwise the car is rust free, the floor pans, rockers and suspension points are all solid. The original owner had front and rear sway bars installed. The glass, mouldings, rubber, bumpers, plastic and anodized surfaces are in excellent condition. The car needs someone that can dedicate the time to bring her back to life. The original owners manual is included and shows the las service was performed by Porsche/Audi in Macon Georgia on March 21, 1981. The car presently has 68,570 original miles. Please note that i am not in a hurry to part with this car.
Click to view attachment
avidfanjpl
Engine size on tail of car? 1.8 or 2.0?

Checking with FL buds that are looking for a 914.

Thanks!

John
mopar
2.0L

VIN 4762901280

Karosserie 4049008

Kunstharzlazk L 13 K (Summer Yellow)

Thanks for your interest,

Saul (305) 298-7079

QUOTE(avidfanjpl @ Jan 11 2011, 03:04 PM) *

Engine size on tail of car? 1.8 or 2.0?

Checking with FL buds that are looking for a 914.

Thanks!

John

Tom
Boy, someone is going to get a very nice car for what I think is a reasonable price. Wish I were near you.
Tom
glenn680
would love to see mor epics please send to glenn680@hotmail.com

thanks Glenn
mopar
REDUCED TO $8,000.00[size=2]
timofly
More photos would be helpful. Has anyone tried to start it? Was anything done to "pickle" it when it was parked?
mopar
QUOTE(timofly @ Jun 18 2011, 09:33 AM) *

More photos would be helpful. Has anyone tried to start it? Was anything done to "pickle" it when it was parked?

Geltlemen, It's in storage, haven’t tried to start it. If I go through the expense of removing it from storage, going through the brakes, etc.. and getting it started the price will go up.

Happy Hunting.
richardwdyess
QUOTE(mopar @ Jan 9 2011, 09:31 PM) *

This car has been in storage for the past 25 years. It is a completely original unrestored example of a 914-4 delivered to its original owner on 12-8-1975. The yellow exterior paint still shines but does show dings, scratches and some areas that need to be "touched up". The interior is tan and shows normal wear but it is still in very good to excellent condition. The gas and battery were removed prior to storage. The only rust on this car is on the surface of the battery shelf, it is still solid. Otherwise the car is rust free, the floor pans, rockers and suspension points are all solid. The original owner had front and rear sway bars installed. The glass, mouldings, rubber, bumpers, plastic and anodized surfaces are in excellent condition. The car needs someone that can dedicate the time to bring her back to life. The original owners manual is included and shows the las service was performed by Porsche/Audi in Macon Georgia on March 21, 1981. The car presently has 68,570 original miles. Please note that i am not in a hurry to part with this car. The car is located in Miami, Florida. $9,000.00 in cash or wire transfer will buy her. Pictures are available upon request. email: racer914@comcast.net

Click to view attachment

Is the car still available? Thanks.
PBC914
QUOTE(richardwdyess @ Jul 17 2011, 09:26 AM) *

QUOTE(mopar @ Jan 9 2011, 09:31 PM) *

This car has been in storage for the past 25 years. It is a completely original unrestored example of a 914-4 delivered to its original owner on 12-8-1975. The yellow exterior paint still shines but does show dings, scratches and some areas that need to be "touched up". The interior is tan and shows normal wear but it is still in very good to excellent condition. The gas and battery were removed prior to storage. The only rust on this car is on the surface of the battery shelf, it is still solid. Otherwise the car is rust free, the floor pans, rockers and suspension points are all solid. The original owner had front and rear sway bars installed. The glass, mouldings, rubber, bumpers, plastic and anodized surfaces are in excellent condition. The car needs someone that can dedicate the time to bring her back to life. The original owners manual is included and shows the las service was performed by Porsche/Audi in Macon Georgia on March 21, 1981. The car presently has 68,570 original miles. Please note that i am not in a hurry to part with this car. The car is located in Miami, Florida. $9,000.00 in cash or wire transfer will buy her. Pictures are available upon request. email: racer914@comcast.net

Click to view attachment

Is the car still available? Thanks.

More pictures of the car would greatly help others considering the purchase of your car helpful, i.g. side, front, back, interior, engine, underneath, battery tray area. Sounds like a great car, would like to see more to make a decision to pursue further.
mopar
Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentmore pics.
mopar
Still available.
mepstein
Looks like it could be a very nice car. I think if you made the effort of getting it out of storage and doing some cleanup, you could get your original price and more. The original cars are bringing top dollar but the presentation is as important as the car itself if you want top dollar.
mopar
QUOTE(mepstein @ Mar 10 2013, 07:34 PM) *

Looks like it could be a very nice car. I think if you made the effort of getting it out of storage and doing some cleanup, you could get your original price and more. The original cars are bringing top dollar but the presentation is as important as the car itself if you want top dollar.

Mepstein,

I agree with you, after having a number of these cars through the years I know how hard it is to find them in good condition. I am too involved with work and racing my 914-6 to dedicate the time to this one. Oh, and then there is the 1973 911T project that I have not even started yet.
URY914
I have a trailer and can go get it if someone wants me to bring it up to Tampa or somewhere else in the southeast. biggrin.gif

Mepstein,

Oh, and then there is the 1973 911T project that I have not even started yet.
[/quote]

I'm interested in your 73...if and when I find the need to unload it.

Ps good luck with the sale,
Thanks
IronHillRestorations
Can you post a pic of the battery tray?
malcolm2
Who knows what the bars in the rear trunk are for?

QUOTE(mopar @ Sep 25 2011, 10:26 PM) *

mepstein
QUOTE(malcolm2 @ Mar 11 2013, 01:35 PM) *

Probably rear sway bar mounts.
mopar
Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment
QUOTE(9146986 @ Mar 11 2013, 01:28 PM) *

Can you post a pic of the battery tray?

Here it is.
mopar
QUOTE(malcolm2 @ Mar 11 2013, 01:35 PM) *

Mepstein is correct, rear sway bar was added. The car also has a front sway bar.
mopar
Car is out of storage and yes the engine does turn over. Pulled gas tank and will be replacing the fuel lines. I will be pulling the fuel injectors soon. As soon as I have her running I will repost with new price.
mopar
Click to view attachmentUpdated pictures. The engine was pulled, new alternator, fuel injectors cleaned, valves adjusted, this car is in amazing condition, more....Click to view attachment
mopar
QUOTE(mopar @ May 9 2014, 09:54 PM) *

Click to view attachmentUpdated pictures. The engine was pulled, new alternator, fuel injectors cleaned, valves adjusted, this car is in amazing condition, more....Click to view attachment

mopar
QUOTE(mopar @ May 9 2014, 09:57 PM) *

mopar
QUOTE(mopar @ May 9 2014, 09:59 PM) *

QUOTE(mopar @ May 9 2014, 09:57 PM) *

mopar
Please feel free to contact me if anyone wants a closer inspection prior to installing the engine. The rockers were pulled off and the clamshells are solid.
daytona
So, is this car still available? I am in Daytona and could drive down to look at it if I had more info.
Bill.
mopar
QUOTE(daytona @ May 10 2014, 10:44 AM) *

So, is this car still available? I am in Daytona and could drive down to look at it if I had more info.
Bill.

Yes Bill the car is still available. What additional information do you need? Let me know.
Mr.242
Beware of over-spray.... The wood supporting the jacks has some yellow paint on it.

Both sides. Not saying the car isn't in good shape, but you're freshening up with new paint, yes?
mopar
Mr.242, Are you a prospective buyer?

The engine and transmission was pulled so this was an excellent time to refresh the engine bay. The wood supporting the jacks are not part of the sale but they are negotiable. Have and currently service Porsches of all makes and models. I can tell you that the car is in excellent shape.

I would hope that before anyone on the forum purchases any automobile they would take the time to visit the vehicle and inspect it. I do understand that there are cases were the distance may be somewhat prohibitive or scheduling may be an obstacle. Recently a friend used the services of a gentlemen that travels around the country performing pre purchase inspections (PPI). My friend bought a 356 and I must say that once the car was delivered we found the description of the car to be accurate. If you are a buyer please send me a personal message and i would be glad to share the information with you. In this case the PPI was $1200.00.

Don't assume but do inspect what you expect.

QUOTE(Mr.242 @ May 12 2014, 01:15 AM) *

Beware of over-spray.... The wood supporting the jacks has some yellow paint on it.

Both sides. Not saying the car isn't in good shape, but you're freshening up with new paint, yes?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.