Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Any Good Sam's in Killeen, TX? - HELP
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Eric_Shea
A friend of mine needs a little help getting her son's RX8 to fire. AMG says it's probably just flooded but, she could use a hand getting plugs out, cleaned and getting it started.

All of her "boys" (husband and son) are deployed in Afganastan and Iraq.

Anyone in the Killeen area on the board here willing to help?
76-914
icon_bump.gif Charliew is over in George Bush's neck of the woods which is close. Maybe he'll see this. He seems to know alot about cars, too. Anyone in Temple or Waco are close. BTW Eric, in Texas 200 miles is close. Freindly folks there; someone will post up.
rick 918-S
No in TX but this desrves a icon_bump.gif flag.gif
MBowman325
My brother's in the area (1st Cav, 2-8, Ft. Hood) though he's not mechanically savvy. I'll hit him up and see if someone else in his unit is avail to go look though if nobody else has stepped up.
underthetire
Super common problem on the RX8. If you start them but don't warm them up, they will do that a lot. Just hold down the Acc pedal to the floor, crank for about a minute, let it sit for 1/2 hour and it will fire right up.
Eric_Shea
Thanks Mike and Jeff (and Rick for the bump). We'll report back tomorrow. She's going to try it in the morning.
MBowman325
Just found out that my brother is out on maneuvers until the weekend or so - no help there.
underthetire
Any word?
Eric_Shea
Checking...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.