Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Charcoal cannister bracket
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jim_hoyland
I have a couple of questions regarding the charcoal cannister brackets:
1. Is the one in the picture meant to be mounted on the rear engine bay fire wall ?
The two offset mounting holes on the braket are almost like two in the rear firewall, but not exact.

2. Are the battery tray mounted brackets different ? Got a pic ?

3. What do the front trunk brackets look like ?

FYI I'm going to reinstall my cannister in my '75 1.8 L Jet. As I remember, it was located on the battery tray....it's been a long time. sad.gif
detoxcowboy
74 914 2.0 charcoal cannister bracket is basically just a strap to the gas tank for the front truck; not a mounting ring style holder bracket as you have pictured..
dr914@autoatlanta.com
Three different ones: front tank mounted through 12/73, side of battery mounted 74 1/2-76 2.0 models and 75 1.8 models, right rear mounted 74 1/2 1.8 models

QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Jan 10 2011, 08:52 AM) *

I have a couple of questions regarding the charcoal cannister brackets:
1. Is the one in the picture meant to be mounted on the rear engine bay fire wall ?
The two offset mounting holes on the braket are almost like two in the rear firewall, but not exact.

2. Are the battery tray mounted brackets different ? Got a pic ?

3. What do the front trunk brackets look like ?

FYI I'm going to reinstall my cannister in my '75 1.8 L Jet. As I remember, it was located on the battery tray....it's been a long time. sad.gif

jim_hoyland
Which is my picture of ?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.