Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Threshold Sill and carpet strips
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
RonnieJ
Who in the Member Vedor section sales the aluminum Threshold Sill and carpet strips? I've looked and can't find it.
underthetire
QUOTE(RonnieJ @ Jan 11 2011, 09:53 AM) *

Who in the Member Vedor section sales the aluminum Threshold Sill and carpet strips? I've looked and can't find it.

If you want used ones, check with Jonathan at GPR. Super nice guy and last time I spoke with him he had a bunch of them.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
Raul Paz. Does a great job. We purchase the sets from him and they are beautiful.
Even have a set on the 916

QUOTE(RonnieJ @ Jan 11 2011, 10:53 AM) *

Tom_T
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Jan 11 2011, 10:04 AM) *

Raul Paz. Does a great job. We purchase the sets from him and they are beautiful.
Even have a set on the 916

QUOTE(RonnieJ @ Jan 11 2011, 10:53 AM) *

IIRC - he's here in SoCal somewhere.

Maybe George can point you to his website, as I don't have his link handy anymore in my bookmarks (hard drive crapped last year).

Otherwise, maybe try Googling for them by part name & 914.

MDG
If you go to the vendor section you'll see the listing 7 or 8 down from the top of the 1st page . . . .

Raul is known as yello914 here. His product is the best aftermarket repro of just about any part I have ever seen.
ellisor3
QUOTE(MDG @ Jan 11 2011, 02:16 PM) *

If you go to the vendor section you'll see the listing 7 or 8 down from the top of the 1st page . . . .

Raul is known as yello914 here. His product is the best aftermarket repro of just about any part I have ever seen.

I have tried contacting Raul him several times with no response. If anyone gets him, I would like a set as well.

A little birdie told me that someone that specializes in rubber may be on the path to making these as well. If there is high demand this could get pushed up on his project list.
detoxcowboy
I bought a set from yello914, he is there, give him a chance, they are absolutely perfect and reasonabley priced.. It is not like he is sellin ghtem everyday or even on this site every day anymore, so hit 'em up a few times, you will get a response.. thats how i got there.
Mikey914
I've been sitting back on the sidelines on this one. If he is making these I will not.

However it apears at this time he is not.

Lets give him a chance to come through on these and if he's no longer doing this I can easily make these.

MDG
Hopefully Raul is still doing these. But if he's not, Mark is certainly the right guy to keep these going. Here are a couple of shots of mine; I bought a set for both of my cars.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
dr914@autoatlanta.com
He does a very nice job and the parts are perfect. We currently have a large order coming in from him, along with the black anodized versions as well to replace the cheap plastic carpet strips that always warp.
Raul's prices are reasonable and his parts perfect so please let's not remake what he is already making and take away his sales and his meager profit!
We are all SO happy that vendors will take it upon themselves to make 914 parts (especially you Mikey who I know has spent tens of thousands in tooling (I hope the members appreciate your investment that you will probably never recover)) in such a limited market, manufacturers demanding quantity, vendors dealing with the aforementioned small market. (for example the 1100 new 1.7 1.8 muffler brackets I have up stairs!!!!!!!!!!!)
There are many many parts we need for our cars, and thankfully they are so so popular and becoming more so.

QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Jan 12 2011, 10:36 AM) *

I've been sitting back on the sidelines on this one. If he is making these I will not.

However it apears at this time he is not.

Lets give him a chance to come through on these and if he's no longer doing this I can easily make these.

cary
I looked last week. He hasn't posted since early December.
George, do you sell the carpet strips separately? I saw only the complete combo kit.
Eric_Shea
I've tried to contact him as well. It appears he's sold them all to one vendor. You know how that goes...
championgt1
Awesome! dry.gif
Niklas
He contaced me this week.
I think he will make new ones now.

Niklas
Bartlett 914
FWIW, I would be interested in a set.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.