Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1.7L yellow injectors wanted
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Rod
I need one injector for my 1973 D-Jet. Quick question though - should I replace all at the same time?

Is there anywhere anyone over there that can get these sent out to me quickly??
Rod
One more question. The injectors I have in there at the moment, installed by the po are green, not yellow... Now these are 2.0 injectors yep?? So what would these run like in a 1.7L? Surely it should flood it, but it seems to run fine???

Do I have a 2.0 engine? smile.gif
underthetire
Don't know if it would flood it, pressure could have been lowered. Even if it wasn't, I would think it would just run rich. Take a picture and post it, and see if the intake to heads are 3 stud or 4. Here is a handy but overwhelming injector chart.

http://users.erols.com/srweiss/tableifc.htm
Rod
No it's deffo a 1.7, the airfilter is 1.7!! If it were changed to a 2.0 at some stage in it's life, then the 1.7 airfilter would not have fitted.

So I have a 1.7 running 2.0 injectors... You mentioned about the pressure being lowered - how/where? Reversible??
underthetire
QUOTE(Rod @ Jan 11 2011, 02:58 PM) *

No it's deffo a 1.7, the airfilter is 1.7!! If it were changed to a 2.0 at some stage in it's life, then the 1.7 airfilter would not have fitted.

So I have a 1.7 running 2.0 injectors... You mentioned about the pressure being lowered - how/where? Reversible??

There is a test port on the injector rail, drivers side. Has a small bolt with a copper crush gasket under it. Remove that, put a pressure gauge on it and adjust the fuel pressure regulator, the reg is hooked up right before the drivers side rail. Has a bolt head with a locknut on it. In=more pressure, out=less. Stock they are supposed to be ~ 29PSI i believe. ( sorry, stuck in us standard hell, 2 bar).
SLITS
Each injector has a flow rate in cc/min or lbs/hr. Given equal pressure, the green would flow more fuel than the yellow for a given pulse width.

Reducing the pressure would decrease the amount of fuel per pulse width.

Unless you have read the Bosch numbers on the injectors, you have no information.

Color used to mean something, but aftermarket injectors could be any color.
JamesM
Black and yellow are 265 cc/m, green are 380 cc/m so you will be quite a bit richer if you are running 2.0 injectors on an otherwise stock 1.7 system.

Never say never, I have built a setup using 1.7 intake parts on a 2.0 motor had to drill for the 3 bolt heads though. Even if it has the 1.7 heads someone might have bumped the displacement. Or worse you could have a 2.0 bus motor, all the 1.7 intake parts bolt right up to that. Pretty sure it would be real hard running a true 1.7 with 2.0 injectors without it being total crap as the green injectors are huge even for a 2.0.

Do you have any pics of your engine/injection setup?
Mr Pharmacist
Hi Rod, if you do need a 1.7 injector i think i have a couple of used ones that i can try and find and could post to you tomorrow so you should have them by the weekend if that'd be of any use?

Stuart
Rod
Hello Mr pharmacist! Didn't realise you were on 914W?? That is very kind of you, but I ordered today from Roger Bray. smile.gif

They will be in the post to me tomorrow too, butane thanks anyway!!

And mistake, they are black not green, so do have the correct flow rate.
Mr Pharmacist
QUOTE(Rod @ Jan 12 2011, 12:40 PM) *

Hello Mr pharmacist! Didn't realise you were on 914W?? That is very kind of you, but I ordered today from Roger Bray. smile.gif

Hi Rod,

I do a lot of lingering here finding out info for my slow resto, but don't post much! smile.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
I would replace only the one. The rebuilt one is the best way to go., WE have at least 70 on the shelf and can still send out today. They include the bent hose as well as the large and small injector seal.

QUOTE(Rod @ Jan 11 2011, 03:20 PM) *

I need one injector for my 1973 D-Jet. Quick question though - should I replace all at the same time?

dr914@autoatlanta.com
green are for the 2.0 and yellow for the 1.7 and the turquoise or beige with a different head fitting are for the 1.8 models.

QUOTE(Rod @ Jan 11 2011, 03:44 PM) *

One more question. The injectors I have in there at the moment, installed by the po are green, not yellow... Now these are 2.0 injectors yep?? So what would these run like in a 1.7L? Surely it should flood it, but it seems to run fine???

Do I have a 2.0 engine? smile.gif

dr914@autoatlanta.com
Roger is a good guy and you cannot go wrong shopping with him.

QUOTE(Rod @ Jan 12 2011, 05:40 AM) *

dr914@autoatlanta.com
Black ones are actually 311 injectors from a vw. They will work ok for the 1.7 models.

QUOTE(Rod @ Jan 12 2011, 05:40 AM) *

realred914
QUOTE(Rod @ Jan 11 2011, 02:20 PM) *

urgent need of injector in the UK!!!!, golly anything for Queen and Country!!!!

God save the Queen. send yoru injectors now the UK needs them!!!!

anyway hope you get them, i have no spares drunk.gif drunk.gif piratenanner.gif lol-2.gif av-943.gif
Rod
QUOTE(realred914 @ Jan 12 2011, 08:58 PM) *

QUOTE(Rod @ Jan 11 2011, 02:20 PM) *

urgent need of injector in the UK!!!!, golly anything for Queen and Country!!!!

God save the Queen. send yoru injectors now the UK needs them!!!!

anyway hope you get them, i have no spares drunk.gif drunk.gif piratenanner.gif lol-2.gif av-943.gif

chair.gif chair.gif Sorted now, got some from Roger Bray restorations in Blighty smile.gifsmile.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.