Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Kirkey Seat for AX
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
xperu
Any of you guys using Kirkey seats, if so what model works the best for AX, I am 5'10" and 190lbs. What are the best mounting brackets to use. Thanks Mike
Randal
QUOTE(xperu @ Jan 12 2011, 02:37 PM) *

Any of you guys using Kirkey seats, if so what model works the best for AX, I am 5'10" and 190lbs. What are the best mounting brackets to use. Thanks Mike

Kirkey seats work perfect IMHO. We bolted mine to the cross member in the front and the floor in the back. Used rivet nuts.

The Intermediate road racing seat is the one I bought. You can look around the web for the best price, but Summit was good.

I'm 6' and 195lbs so you'll have no issues with fit.

Some people like adjustable seats, but that requires bolting the seat to some sort of slider which increases the height.
J P Stein
I also used a Kirkey....the circle track model cause I got it cheep.
Did some mods to it then mounted the 914 upper & lower slider rails to it. Got it low in the car. Not too comfortable for street driving other than short jaunts.
Did a Kirkry seat for the passenger bolted to the floor.
EdwardBlume
I am 5'10 200 lbs, and have Kirkley in my AX / race car. Its awesome, and since its aluminum, you can make the "adjustments" needed to fix it right. My seat was originally bolted to the floor, but that was too low for me, so I reinstalled it with stock seat rails. Works fine except I was hitting the stock shifted with the seat forward for the wife to drive. I fixed that with a RennShift.
BKLA
I used an Ultra shield seat. (fatman - 6'2" 350) bought an off the shelf seat. (don't do it!) Measure and fill out the seat fab sheet. No extra cost!

If you are not as wide as me, the seat should fit fine within the compartment, however, you can see that the seat shoulder "wings" on my seat extend to the edge of the door... tight fit maybe with windows....

http://www.ultrashieldrace.com/prod.php?id=8

I had rothsport modify mine and now if fits perfectly!

(Pic taken after seat modification)

Click to view attachment
sixaddict
I used them and good thing is they keep you tight . I attached to standard sliders so you have back and forward adjustment. I am 5.11 /200 like the support. Early post is right....Good but not for road trips. Actually have two (different models) ready to sell > not perfect but very workable and reasonable. $80 with pad + shipping ( I have discount so best you will get) . Send me email address and I will send photos if you are interested. If not no worries saves me saves me the effort.
Terry
Britain Smith
Here is a top-down view of mine that I took last night.

IPB Image
PlaysWithCars
They're great once you're in, but if you are dealing with a full bodied car you must have a removable steering wheel to be able to get around the bolsters (at least I did, 6'4" 200lbs.)
Racer
I had them in my '76. Street car with cage. I had a removable wheel figuring I wouldn't fit in/out without it.. in truth, I had plenty of room. Mine seat was fixed and as low in the car as possible. Intermediate Road Race Seats were used.. 17" drivers side, 16" passenger side.
xperu
Thanks for all the input. Mike
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.