Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shipping options
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
watsonrx13
I'm going to be shipping small items across the US and was wondering what members use to ship.

I know about USPS flat rate boxes.

I've also used UPS for larger items.

Is there other cheaper options?

As an example I'm shipping a tachometer.

-- rob
two-strokejohn
If I ship small items, I always use USPS flat rate boxes. All your packaging items are free, even the tape. Plus, you can ship up to 70 pounds in a flat rate box ( size restrictions of course). I find it's a great deal, and it's much cheaper than UPS. Let's hope flat rate boxes stay . they are looking for cost cutting ideas, let's hope they don't end it.
carr914
For Lightweight bulky items, UPS is Cheaper. For Example I shipped out a Hat today to PA in a box that was 10x10x10 for $6
orange914
unless you ship heavy items flat rate is not as cost effective. distance and weight are the 2 main factors, from what i've noticed weight seems to be the most costly. usps has seemed to figure out how to make a box that is JUST smaller than the item you need to ship. just a couple years ago i remember the "medium" $10.40 box was $4.40. and they're still way under water

our gubment at work
Nie Zu Alt
Forget the flat rate boxes unless you are shipping a heavy item. They just charge too much for the size. Still using the Post Office, send it Parcel Post or Priority Mail. The online calculator is very accurate for determining the cost. You can even get yourself set up with paying the postage and generating the shipping slip using PayPal - no need to stand in line at the post office.

On-line Postal Calculator

My ex-wife use to ship African Violets all over the states and the world. Never had any problems using this method.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.