Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Changing brake hoses
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
7TPorsh
I am realizing by dragging brakes are probably caused by bad hoses.

I'm ready to go but ran into a wall. How do the front hoses come off? The clips are in there pretty tight and i don't know what to loosen first or which way to pull on.

I tried search. The only piece of useful info i found is that i can cut the line and use a socket... blink.gif still doesn't tell me the order of things to remove or how.

Any good pics or article out there? Thanks
Andyrew
The clips pull off, get some pliers and pull/ rotate them loose. Then its 2 open ended wrenches(15 and 17?) to remove the rubber hose from the metal hose. . Put them close to each other so you can just squeeze your hand and it works them loose (Best leverage).
realred914
pull with vicegrips,or hammer with a punch should makefast work of this.
Cap'n Krusty
For the flat sliding clips, you pull on the closed end and off they come. Not that simple, but that's how it works. I use vise grips and a screwdriver to pry them off. Sometimes a screwdriver and a small hammer if I can get to the open side. Some cars have a clip that slips on to the hose before you install it. It should be pretty obvious.

The Cap'n
7TPorsh
this sounds correct for the strut clip. Is the caliper side clip the same? It's trapezoid looking...
realred914
QUOTE(7TPorsh @ Jan 13 2011, 09:15 AM) *

this sounds correct for the strut clip. Is the caliper side clip the same? It's trapezoid looking...

the caliper one comes off when you losen the metal brake line retaining nut, dont try to pry that one off, it comes off after you remove the nut.
7TPorsh
Well I got the hoses off but i butchered my passenger side caliper brake tube...I have a WTB listing in the classifieds.

Turns out they are the original hoses. Had to cut them to get a grip but still stripped out one side.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.