Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Small Electrical Issue.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
falconfp2001
I have a weird Issue with my Head Lights but haven't had time to really dive into it.

One night my Left Head Light went out. So the next day I took out the Volt Meter and checked the connector while it was unplugged. it read 12 Volts. I plugged the Headlight in, it's out and reads 0 Volts.

I checked the other light and yes it's 12 volts and 12 volts plugged in.

I flipped on the High Beams and they work fine.

I haven't gotten into tracing the wire completely yet but on reading the Diagrams, there should be a Relay before the Fuse box some where that both High and Low beam power goes to but I have no idea where this could be.

Any Ideas?

Is it under the face of the dash?

Frank
KELTY360
Sounds like a fuse. The low beams are individually protected. Check the fuse panel under the dash, to the right of the steering wheel.
Spoke
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Jan 13 2011, 02:38 PM) *

Sounds like a fuse. The low beams are individually protected. Check the fuse panel under the dash, to the right of the steering wheel.

agree.gif

With the lights on, check the voltage at the fuse to see if you have voltage there.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
I agree loose fuse. REads fine until loaded and then loses the contact. Typical

QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Jan 13 2011, 12:38 PM) *

falconfp2001
Traced it down to the connections behind the Fuse Panel. This is where the Headlight, Fog Light and Flasher relays are located as well. Definitely some bad oxidation on all the connectors so I'll be purchasing the Upgrade that JWest Offers.

Problem Solved.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.