Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Subaru Throttle Cable Options
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Britain Smith
I am search for the best option for a throttle cable on the Subaru conversion and I am interested to see what has been done. Let me know what you got.

-Britain
r_towle
string or twine might be perfect if you use the little pulleys that match.

rich
Britain Smith
Where are the Subaru conversion guys? What did you use to make your car go?

-Britain
pktzygt
You shouldn't have to change it as long as your engine is placed near where renegade puts theirs. Of course I never fully connected mine when I had the engine in, but it looked to be the correct length.

Engine is back on a stand for the time being or I would go take pics for you.
Britain Smith
I went from a 914/6 throttle cable set-up which I know longer have. In addition, I have changed my pedal assembly to a Tilton set-up. Do most people use the stock 914/4 cable?

-Britain
Britain Smith
Wow, so nobody wants to share their set-up.

I have been looking at getting this throttle cable, but was wondering if there was an easier way.

http://rjes.com/html/throttle_cables.html

IPB Image

-Britain
TonyAKAVW
I used two throttle cables. I used a normal 914 cable and a normal EJ25 cable. I machined an adapter that joins the two (removable) and then an adjustable mount to hold the sheaths. It isn't elegant or pretty but it has worked for a few years.

Tony
Rod
Hi Britain, Is there not a company over there that can make you the cable exactly as you need?? I have used a company over here in the UK who made a cable exactly my length and also with the correct fittings on either end for the application I had built at the time..

Your car is turning out to be amazing, you don't want a broken TC as your mid corner on full beans.. barf.gif
d914
Bob(bigkat) used two cables.. Standard 914 and made an adpater connector to the suby piece..
sawtooth
Stock cable works perfect for me with a slight mod. I cut the old rod type end off and replaced with a 3/8 cable stop. Fits perfectly into the suby throttle cable holder. The cable stop has a set screw but I also plan on filling with solder or braze to make sure it is permanent.
plymouth37
QUOTE(sawtooth @ Jan 23 2011, 11:08 AM) *

Stock cable works perfect for me with a slight mod. I cut the old rod type end off and replaced with a 3/8 cable stop. Fits perfectly into the suby throttle cable holder. The cable stop has a set screw but I also plan on filling with solder or braze to make sure it is permanent.

agree.gif I did that before I got a custom cable and never had any problems with it.
sean_v8_914
Terry cable will build it to your spec for $40
plymouth37
QUOTE(sean_v8_914 @ Jan 23 2011, 12:35 PM) *

Terry cable will build it to your spec for $40

I got my custom cable from them and it fits and works great.
Britain Smith
Just ordered my cable from Terrycable, we shall see how it looks when it gets here.

-Britain
partwerks
I used the terry cable on mine..........
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.