Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What to do with 1.8l heads
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
watsonrx13
I'm clearing out my shop/stash and I have several 1.8l/1.7l heads that I'm not planning to use, what can or should I do with them?

Should I try to sell them as is? How much?

Would it be profitable to have them rebuilt? How much?

If I sell them, besides here and theSamba, where else should I post a FS?

Click to view attachment

-- Rob
dr914@autoatlanta.com
Maybe jake or len would buy them. I do not see much call for used 914 cylinder heads unless they are good 2.0 heads.

QUOTE(watsonrx13 @ Jan 15 2011, 05:41 AM) *

I'm clearing out my shop/stash and I have several 1.8l/1.7l heads that I'm not planning to use, what can or should I do with them?

Should I try to sell them as is? How much?

Would it be profitable to have them rebuilt? How much?

If I sell them, besides here and theSamba, where else should I post a FS?

Click to view attachment

-- Rob

rhcb914
The last set of 1.7 that I got rid of I had to actually give away. The most I've gotten is $40 for a set in good usable shape. smile.gif

1.8's if they are not cracked are worth something to the right buyer.
bandjoey
Consign them to someone like Jake to sell as needed. You might get more than just selling them outright.
underthetire
I thought Jake only sold his brand new heads now confused24.gif
Jake Raby
I sent 1100 pounds worth to the scrap yard earlier this year, we have no use for them, nothing we build uses OE castings.

The only use we have for OE 1.8 heads is Len's FP Race engine that must use an OE head with a 1.8 part number. He might be interested in them for that application.
watsonrx13
QUOTE(Jake Raby @ Jan 15 2011, 08:13 PM) *

I sent 1100 pounds worth to the scrap yard earlier this year, we have no use for them, nothing we build uses OE castings.

The only use we have for OE 1.8 heads is Len's FP Race engine that must use an OE head with a 1.8 part number. He might be interested in them for that application.

Thanks Jake. I'll contact Len and see if he's interested. Otherwise they're going to get melted... stirthepot.gif

-- Rob
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.