Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Yowsers! $32k for a /6 w/o engine or transmission
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
smontanaro
Admittedly it's a nice roller, but still, it's a roller. $32k? Is the market headed back up for sixes?
mepstein
The market is determined by the sold price, not the list price.
SLITS
I consulted my crystal ball and pyramid of power. The indication is he will own the rolling chassis for a long time.
bcheney
It is interesting to see how cars are priced these days. For the right person who wants a "true" six and isn't concerned about "originality" this one is a pretty cool looking car. I agree with Ron though...unless someone has a "pile" of money to through around this car will remain a roller...
ArtechnikA
It could be an M471 car, in which case, the flares would be original and the value would be higher... We will see... (Yes, he says they are GT flares "but welded" but ya never know...)
sww914
I have a 6 conversion roller for $45,000.00. Hell, I'll even take 50K for it. Or 60.
Nothing there but a cage and a body kit and some old wheels and suspension parts, but I'll take 60K.
RFoulds
It would be a nice buy at <25k. And he said he is open to offers.

If you want a close to original 914-6 for DE Autocross and street, it would be a decent place to start. I would rather start with that roller and add power, than a car with motor and have to add all the cage, suspension, bracing, etc that is already on this car.

Or you could spend $140k, like that other 6 track car for sale.
dadaDaveed
This appears to be the same car that was listed (as a complete running 6) on Camp914 recently... for a mere $29.5k.

http://www.camp914.com/cars/black_7-31-10.html

Later, I saw it listed for $50k as a complete car. The very next day I saw it listed again as a roller for $32k. It's a sweet chassis, but asking price is screwy.gif
Bleyseng
looks pretty goood but $32k?
Was Irish Green so with a paint job it could look like this M471 914/6 which was crashed.
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(dadaDaveed @ Jan 15 2011, 09:03 AM) *

This appears to be the same car that was listed (as a complete running 6) on Camp914 recently... for a mere $29.5k.

Later, I saw it listed for $50k as a complete car. The very next day I saw it listed again as a roller for $32k. It's a sweet chassis, but asking price is screwy.gif

I pulled the engine out of my car. How much more is it worth now? cheer.gif
JmuRiz

Wow, for that camp914 price I'd be tempted to sell mine and start over with that one. The engine work is what would do it for me...w/o that, no thanks!
sixaddict
While it is pretty heavy ....we are pretty hard on each other .........The market sucks but shouldn't we hope he gets it ! cheer.gif

cheer.gif
QUOTE(JmuRiz @ Jan 15 2011, 05:59 PM) *

Wow, for that camp914 price I'd be tempted to sell mine and start over with that one. The engine work is what would do it for me...w/o that, no thanks!

biosurfer1
QUOTE(sixaddict @ Jan 15 2011, 07:29 PM) *

While it is pretty heavy ....we are pretty hard on each other .........The market sucks but shouldn't we hope he gets it ! cheer.gif

My first thought when I see a car like this with a crazy asking price is "PLEASE let this car sell for asking price!"

smile.gif
Root_Werks
Puts tears in my eyes.

sad.gif

Some local PNWR members might remember it. I wrenched on for the owner for the better part of a decade. It's really sad to see such a nicely finished setup get it's heart ripped out for who knows what.

sad.gif
Root_Werks
From a few years back when I still had my steel top 914-6:
Root_Werks
His was a 2.7, mine was a 2.5 (destroked 2.7)
bcheney
What a beautiful scene Dan...thanks for sharing...and the cars look great to!
SirAndy
QUOTE(mepstein @ Jan 15 2011, 06:55 AM) *

The market is determined by the sold price, not the list price.

agree.gif
PlaysWithCars
QUOTE(Root_Werks @ Jan 15 2011, 07:31 PM) *

Puts tears in my eyes.

sad.gif

Some local PNWR members might remember it. I wrenched on for the owner for the better part of a decade. It's really sad to see such a nicely finished setup get it's heart ripped out for who knows what.

sad.gif

Yes always a shame. It could end up sidelined for a while until the right price and the right buyer align. But, on the up side, this motor wasn't its original heart; it was a transplant. Maybe through some stroke of fate it could be reunited with the original motor again.
racerbvd

Puts tears in my eyes.

sad.gif

sad.gif

The current owner brought to the last Dark Side DE, said he planned on selling it, but didn't say anything about taking it apart.. Was it a matching #s car??
I'm trying to find pix, but so far, only these two...
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
boxstr
I have a bunch of pics on camp914.com cars sold.
Craig at CAMP
carr914
QUOTE(racerbvd @ Jan 18 2011, 12:41 AM) *

Puts tears in my eyes.

sad.gif

sad.gif

The current owner brought to the last Dark Side DE, said he planned on selling it, but didn't say anything about taking it apart.. Was it a matching #s car??
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Byron, who has it - Thomas?
TROJANMAN
But he lowered the price...... laugh.gif

Last edited by blisteringfastj; 01-14-2011 at 10:09 AM.. Reason: I lowerd the price
Root_Werks
I probably have 100 pictures of that 914-6 at home from the last 11 years. Pulled the engine and trans every winter just to clean and check things, flush everything, replace anything that looked suspect etc. The Mt. Vernon Owner really took good care of it.

It wasn't a numbers matching car. The Mt. Vernon owner picked it up from CA about 12 years ago. It already had the 2.7 in it. 5-6 years ago I pulled the engine and a local guy went through it. The following year I pulled the tranny and we sent it out to be gone through.

Pretty amazing car. It pulled something like 225hp at the wheels? Something like that.

Root_Werks
Couple I have at work...
Root_Werks
Last one....5 years ago?
carr914
QUOTE(carr914 @ Jan 18 2011, 09:25 AM) *

Puts tears in my eyes.

sad.gif

sad.gif

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

It is Thomas that has it now. He is the guy that bought Martin's (Quinilles) car a few years ago

T.C.
racerbvd
QUOTE(carr914 @ Jan 18 2011, 06:25 AM) *

Puts tears in my eyes.

sad.gif

sad.gif

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Yes...
racerbvd
beerchug.gif
Thomas called today, he sold the roller, that is a good sign for all of us...
RFoulds
HOW MUCH did he get and what was the VIN??
carr914
QUOTE(RFoulds @ Jan 19 2011, 11:38 AM) *

HOW MUCH did he get and what was the VIN??

Yes enquiring minds want to know
racerbvd
$31K, is what he said, a deposit has been made.
Sounds like he is already regretting the sale, but he will be doing one more DE before it is picked up..
RFoulds
QUOTE(racerbvd @ Jan 19 2011, 12:12 PM) *

$31K, is what he said, a deposit has been made.
Sounds like he is already regretting the sale, but he will be doing one more DE before it is picked up..

He is going to DE a car he has a deposit on????

That's ballsy!

I thought the VIN was in his original ad. But he took it down. Any idea what it was so it can go into database?
Root_Werks
VIN# 9140431871
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.