Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 at Barrett Jackson next week
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
RFoulds
Lot 623.1
Anyone know the car? Its not in VIN database.

orange914
i've always wondered what a 914 would go for at barrett-jackson

i think i'll start a poll...

best of luck to them smile.gif
dlkawashima
David Martindale Auto Sales out of Portland Oregon said they were putting a 914 on BJ ..... not sure but it might be theirs.
KELTY360
Barrett-Jackson idea.gif

$74,500

Oops! $7450
IronHillRestorations
Too little info on the car. Appearance group? No front tits? 1.7, 1.8. 2.0?

If it's a true unmolested BJ quality car, I'll guess $12,500.
Dr Evil
Last 76 went for about $10K and was a bit of a bastard. I know the sheister who sol it to the guy who tried to get some cash for it at BJ.
watsonrx13
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jan 15 2011, 08:56 PM) *

Last 76 went for about $10K and was a bit of a bastard. I know the sheister who sol it to the guy who tried to get some cash for it at BJ.

Yep. I was there for the BJ LV auction. I was looking at the car when the owner/seller walked up. I pointed out the differences/problems to him. He thanked me for the information. The car sold for the max I expected.

-- Rob
sixaddict
You got to be sittin on some real cojones to let your car roll up there with no reserve. A friend told me many buy their own cars back to save their bootyshake.gif and he has been there (Mopar guy)
I know of a highly and horribly modifed 4 cylinder ghetto wagon looking 914 that went for 12 + only to be resold for about 3K locally. I would have been embarrassed to be seen in it but that was before market fell.
To me most porsche go at bargains their because it is not our market .
JUst my 2 cents.
Root_Werks
Looks nice, I would think it'll fetch at least $10k.
Jeffs9146
$11,350.00
boxstr
I sold this car to David and it was in rough shape when i dropped it off.
There wasn't a surface that wasn't touched on this car.
The pics that you are looking at were taken a month before it was complete. They need that much lead time for the BJ catalog.
I will say that it goes for $10500-12000. Maybe as much as $15k.

If you watch BJ on Speed David is easy to spot. George Hamilton tan, and usually a bright Tommy Bahama shirt and shorts.
David is very detail oriented, and everyone of the 5 cars that he took to BJ this year shows it.
Craig at CAMP
Ferg
Did you sell David his shirt as well shades.gif bye1.gif
boxstr
As a matter of fact I did!
oldschool
QUOTE(Ferg @ Jan 18 2011, 05:44 PM) *

Did you sell David his shirt as well shades.gif bye1.gif

hey..I sell shirts.
boxstr
I just saw David walking out side in the staging lane on Speed. So I texted him and he called back and told me the lincoln he took sold today for $ 12,000. He wanted $7000.
The 914 goes across the block on thursday in the morning.
boxstr
Spoke to David last night. The 914 is supposed to cross the auction block @ 11am today.
Craig at CAMP
Ferg
Been watching it live on the net... big $$ for some normal stuff this year. Don't even get me started on what the 454ss like mine brought blink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.