Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: QRS FIBERGLASS GT fenders
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dirty Evo
http://www.qrsfiberglass.com/catalog/index...dex&cPath=2

have any of you guys had experience with buying from them or using their products? Good? bad ?

plymouth37
There are a hand full of threads on the site that should be able to help you out, try typing QRS* into the search box at the bottom of the 914world garage page and you should be able to find them.
moparrob
Yes, they are fairly local to me here in So. Cal.

I bought their font bumper and lower valance with the cutouts for the front cooler. Here is my test fit:

IPB Image

The owner was extremely helpful and we spoke several times before he actually laid the glass for my parts. Since my car will be a street car he offered to lay some additional glass cloth to reinforce the front bumper - a real plus in my book - and no extra charge.

sww914
I've installed his GT flares. I had to cut them and reshape them in a few places to get them to fit. That's what you usually need to do with fiberglass parts. Their quality is better than the other 2 places that I know of that make the flares.
If you install them, before you cut the metal, line up the rockers with the steel wheel openings and screw them to the door jambs in a couple of places and mark the rockers well. Next you can cut out the steel and line up the flares with the rockers. If you put the flares on first you'll need to cut & stretch or cut & shorten the rockers.
Don't waste your money on Cleco fasteners, just use 1" self tapping phillips screws on a drill, way faster and you'll spend like a dollar total to nail the flares down when you bond them to the metal.
You'll need to lay fiberglass cloth over the junction (after you remove the screws) of the metal and the fiberglass or the flare edges will show through the paint eventually.
sean_v8_914
Jeff is a cool dude, call him.
tscrihfield
I just recieved a front bumper less fog light holes. It appears to be great quality!
matthepcat
I have the front and rear bumpers. Excellent fit with very little "adjusting" needed.

I plan to buy their hood with no headlight cut-outs.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.