Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SS Fuel Line question - front tank area
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jim912928
Ok..I'm putting in my new Chris Foley SS fuel lines (excellent by the way)....what I don't remember is which line exits which hole in the front trunk area (I think I have them criss-crossed right now). So, my supply line enters through the hole in the engine side nearest the passenger side of the car. Does it exit in the same (nearest the passenger side of the car) corresponding hole in the front...or does it pop through the hole nearest the drivers side for a more direct path to the fuel pump?

Thanks...Jim
sfrenck
QUOTE(jim912928 @ Jan 15 2011, 02:49 PM) *

Ok..I'm putting in my new Chris Foley SS fuel lines (excellent by the way)....what I don't remember is which line exits which hole in the front trunk area (I think I have them criss-crossed right now). So, my supply line enters through the hole in the engine side nearest the passenger side of the car. Does it exit in the same (nearest the passenger side of the car) corresponding hole in the front...or does it pop through the hole nearest the drivers side for a more direct path to the fuel pump?

Thanks...Jim

Chris's lines aren't identical - one is longer than the other. The longer one goes on the driver side (supply), the shorter on the passenger side (return). They should both stick out of the grommet under the fuel tank about the same amount (if you cross them or put the short one on the driver's side, I don't think it will be long enough to go through the front grommet).
jim912928
Thanks for the insight on the lengths. I had them correct on the engine side and criss-crossed them on the tank side. Also had the speedo cable wrapped between them! So, I yanked them out...layed them down..put the shortest on the passenger side..rethreaded and put them through correctly on the tank side with the speedo cable out of the way. So...here is how they landed:

Passenger side holes....9.5mm supply line
Drivers side holes.....8mm return line

Now I can start running all my engine compartment lines. Should look good as I went to the local race shop and got all AN connectors with braided teflon lines. I'm using AN bulkhead connectors to transition the fuel lines from below the engine shelf to above it. Note: my SS lines have the AN connectors welded on.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.