Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chasing Classic Cars
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
gasman
If this was mentioned already, I didn't see it. Anyway, last night on Chasing Classic Cars, the host Wayne was restoring a 1972 Ferrari Daytona Spyder for some rich guy. It was over a two year restoration. Toward the end, there was a problem with the pop-up headlights. They found a Porsche number. He went outside to the cars in the back and found a damaged 914 that was left due to storage money owed. They took out the headlight motor and installed it in the Ferrari and it was back working the way it should. The car went on to win the "platnum" award at a fancy Concours. Everything had to work on the car.....Nice to know that a 914 part is giving life to others.
bandjoey
I saw that too. A $1 Million car and a 12 month restoration ($1/4 Mil?) and they use a Porsche 914 headlight motor.

I broke out laughing when the headlight started going up and down...just like a 914 av-943.gif

I didn't get to see the end of the show. Did they get the Platinum Award?

Anyone in his area to get the VIN?
Lou W
I heard that after the show, they black listed it.

lol-2.gif

dirk9141973
yes the car did get 95 points and awarded trophy It sure was like a 914 give 5 minutes time out to fix the horn
Just think we dont have $ 1.5 M cars and our horn work ( smilie_pokal.gif most of the time,hahaha)
bandjoey
NRAF? NRAPF? lol-2.gif RAPF?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.