Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rebuilding 1.7 engine
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
clow
I am rebuilding my engine and am getting ready for the tin work. Here is a picture i have of a sensor and a piece I have no clue what it is. The engine was apart in a box when I got it.

Could someone tell me what they are/where they go.

Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment

Also the flaps is confusing me. Does anyone have a picture of what is used to attach them and how the wire is attached?

Thanks in advance,

Clow
r_towle
Ambient Air temp sensor.
May be reffered to as temp sensor one or two....cant remember.

Look here for D-jet info
http://members.rennlist.com/pbanders/DjetParts.htm
dr914@autoatlanta.com
sell me that thermo time switch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

QUOTE(clow @ Jan 15 2011, 03:42 PM) *

I am rebuilding my engine and am getting ready for the tin work. Here is a picture i have of a sensor and a piece I have no clue what it is. The engine was apart in a box when I got it.

Could someone tell me what they are/where they go.

Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment

Also the flaps is confusing me. Does anyone have a picture of what is used to attach them and how the wire is attached?

Thanks in advance,

Clow

clow
QUOTE(r_towle @ Jan 15 2011, 02:54 PM) *

Ambient Air temp sensor.
May be reffered to as temp sensor one or two....cant remember.

Look here for D-jet info
http://members.rennlist.com/pbanders/DjetParts.htm

Thank you. Do you know if its in the correct place?

and on the case bolt to the right there is a small connector of some sort. It has 3 tabs on it. Its not the best picture but any info on it?

Hmm sell it eh? It seams kinda important!?
silver74insocal
"and on the case bolt to the right there is a small connector of some sort. It has 3 tabs on it. Its not the best picture but any info on it? "

thats a ground...if you get your wiring harness in place correctly, you will find the ground wires that practically fall right in place for that thingy beerchug.gif g'luck

Dr Evil
Do you have a manual of any type for the 914? You could use one smile.gif
clow
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jan 15 2011, 05:54 PM) *

Do you have a manual of any type for the 914? You could use one smile.gif

Yes sir, I have the Service manual and the exploded view 300 page one printed and binded from the Porsche website....and yet I am still stuck! the biggest thing is I bought the car in about 1274564 boxes with 134534534 pieces. Its hard when I wasn't the one to take it apart. I am 18 so its my first project car.

Thanks,

Clow
clow
For the flap this is all I have. I am not sure how to mount it or attach the wire. Any help?Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.