Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Stainless brake lines??
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
East coaster
Does anybody make/sell stainless brake hard lines for 914s? I have stainless braided hoses, but I'd like to replace the hard lines with new stainless lines if they're available. I don't think I've ever seen them advertised anywhere, does anybody know a source??
Mueller
Summit Racing, page 52, catalog May-June 2004, stainless line 3/16"diameter (and larger), $26 for a roll 20ft long. Part #SUM-220236

I'm sure you can find it on thier web site as well.

Summit Racing
lapuwali
You'll obviously also need a flaring tool and a set of fittings. You *should* also get a tube cutter and a tube bender. Eastwood has the tools, and I think you can even get the raw tube from them.
DuckRyder
Might try classic tube. (google it)

Perhaps they could do them for you even if they don't stock them.
3liter914-6
QUOTE(DuckRyder @ Apr 26 2004, 10:13 PM)
Might try classic tube. (google it)

Perhaps they could do them for you even if they don't stock them.

They don't have any 914 specific lines at Classic Tube, but you can give them the specs on the tube and they'll see if they have one that's a match, or close enough for your tastes (I'm sure they do). I never called them back as I just ordered some factory lines from Stoddard, but if they don't have a suitable line, it was pretty expensive to have them custom make a line (expensive enough that I bought a double bubble flaring tool and am still out ahead).
ChrisFoley
The hard brake lines on a 914 are pretty well protected from the elements for the most part. I would think that replacing them with oem is the best choice overall.
hars914
I replaced all my hard lines with stainless. I got them from a company that
just deals with brakes. I had to bend my own using the old as a pattern.
I will find the company name and email it yo you.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.