Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rallye Shields
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Events Forum > Past Event Planning Threads
Jeroen
Ok guys,

Where do we stand with the Rallye Shields?
If we still want to do them, I need to place the order before the weekend
(these guys need 2 weeks to produce and then they'll have to x the ocean)

So, it still CAN be done, but we need to decide NOW

cheers,

Jeroen
VegasRacer
I vote YES for the Rallye Shields.
(I only wish I had the power)

It is up to Jeff to decide how we allocate the funds.

What is the cost for the Rallye Shields?
JeffBowlsby
Absolutely Jeroen, I am all for them. I'd have to go back and check the previosu thread, but I thought about $3-$5 was quoted for the shields each, plus shipping? Please confirm, but I would get them lined up. Plan to ship them to me here in San Jose so I can get the car numbers installed before the meet.

I will be away from the computer all day tommorrow. We have over 30 cars registered right now...i think it may go closer to 40 or even more before the weeks out. Maybe if we ordered 50 and had a few extras?

Whats the drop dead date on placing an order and we will decide the quantity then.
seanery
I would really like one of these. I'd pay for it. biggrin.gif
rick 918-S
ok!
Jeroen
The price quote I got was a little over $300 for 50 ($6 each)
I will eat everything over 300 (shipping and what not)
Don't tell me I don't have to, I want to. End of discussion!

I will try to sort out the details with the printer tomorrow.

What I need to know is:

1) is there enough budget for the $300
2) are there any sponsors that should be printed on the shield

Remember, the shields come without #'s
So someone will have to get some vinyl cut #'s and stick 'em on

Chances of me bringing them in person are close to none, but I can and will take care of this.

Just gimme the word...

cheers,

Jeroen
JeffBowlsby
1) is there enough budget for the $300
2) are there any sponsors that should be printed on the shield

Remember, the shields come without #'s
So someone will have to get some vinyl cut #'s and stick 'em on

We have the budget. How do you want to be paid? I can paypal you or send a check or?

No sponsors this time.

If we can have them in our possession not later than a couple days before the event, then lets GO! Get them underway. The only think left to confirm is the quantity. Registration closes this Friday, but if you can hold off a couple days after that I know more will trickle in. Whats the cut-off date for make a decision on the quantity?

Thanks Jeroen! It sounds like there may still be a remote chance you can make the WCC...that would be great!
Jeroen
Hey Jeff,

Basically, these guys need 2 weeks to produce after they receive the artwork
Add 1 week for shipping and 1 week to be safe
Total of 4 weeks

So we need to decide monday or tuesday on the very latest

This would still leave us some time to get sponsors for the event.
I will contact as many prospects I can later tonight
We can put 3 or 4 sponsors on the shield
Is $100 each a reasonable amount???

cheers,

Jeroen
JeffBowlsby
Wow J, I dont know what to say. If you (or others) can round up sponsors for all or part of the cast of the shields, go for it. I was going to contact 'spon sors' beginning next week for item donations for the raffle only. I would push having only one sponsor underwrite the entire cost of the shields...its not that much money.

Let us know who you contact for sponsorships and if if you need help in any way.

I will send you the final quantities of signups by Sunday so that you can contact them Monday to confirm the order and delivery date. Do we need an exact quantity like...48 or 53...or do they only print in lots like 50-100-200? The artwork should already be finalized and they should have their presses rolling on Monday if at all possible.

1 week to ship from there to here seems really quick...everytime a buy somnething from over there it takes 3-4 weeks alone. You must know something I don't.

Jeff
VegasRacer
If there are any extra shields after everybody gets one, I would like to buy 3 or 4 more.
Jenny
Jeroen~ is it time or $ that's prohibiting you from attending? You've done so much work for this event (not to mention the BBS) that we'd all really love to have you here. I'd definitely pitch in for the cause.

Jen

I hope I'm not sticking my nose where it doesn't belong. Feel free to tell me to butt out if that's the case. sad.gif
Jeroen
Hey Guys,

Jeff, I can ship them through UPS. If needed they can be there in 3 days
You can get anything across the ocean fast, it just costs a little more...
The package shouldn't be too big or heavy, so it shouldn't be too bad

I'll lowball the value of the package to prevent customs bullshit (which may cause a delay)

The price I quoted was for a minimum of 50
The price gets lower (about 4,50 each) if we reach 100 (which I don't think we'll do this year biggrin.gif)

If you give me a number monday, I'll order a couple of extra to be safe (and I'll keep one myself if you don't mind biggrin.gif)

I'll try to do the sponsors tonight. I'm just gonna start with the guys from the "parts" forum here on the BBS.
I'll post the details (my proposals and who I contacted) here on the BBS

Remember I still have an offer from Morphenspectra for a free set of his big speaker-thingies. I'd like to offer that one for the raffle.

Jenny, yes, basically it's money.
It's not that I can't pay for the trip, it's just that I have other priorities right now.
My decision isn't final, but the way I look at it now, chances are pretty slim...
It's not too bad, there's alway gonna be next year biggrin.gif

cheers,

Jeroen
Jeroen
Ok, here's the semi-final design of the rallye shield
Pending the approval of the new HPH logo and the final number of shields needed, this will go to the printer

Last chance to make comments or remarks!

cheers,

Jeroen

[image deleted... see below]
VegasRacer
QUOTE(Jeroen @ May 2 2004, 03:13 PM)
Last chance to make comments or remarks!

I'm sticking with my original comment.

I like it! clap56.gif smilie_pokal.gif beerchug.gif mueba.gif smilie_flagge24.gif aktion035.gif
JeffBowlsby
Jeroen, I emailed you the details of the total number, did you receive it?

The revised logo looks great.

What are the dimensions of the RS?

How do we attach it to the car, or do we just put it in the windshield with tape?

Is the graphic at the full scale? So those are the letter sizes I need to get?
Jeroen
Hey Jeff,

Yep, I got your e-mail

Het RS is approx 12,5 x 6 inches
I'll send you measurements for the #'s tonight

I need to bust Brad's ass on the HPH logo
Other than that, we're ready to go

cheers,

Jeroen
Jeroen
Jeff,

The #'s should fit in a 40mm high and 50mm wide space

cheers,

Jeroen
Jeroen
Final design... this will go to the printer tomorrow

cheers,

Jeroen
rick 918-S
BITCHIN! aktion035.gif
Jeroen
Ok, I just had a little chat with the printer
He'll e-mail me a final quote today and go over the design for any impracticalities
He told me he could produce them in 1 to 1.5 weeks!!!
I'll order 75 pieces (just to be on the safe side)

I'll keep ya all posted...

cheers,

Jeroen
JeffBowlsby
We are drooling Jeroen...very cool... cool.gif

I am still very curious about how/where to attach them to the cars?

How would they do it in a European Rallye?

On the front license plate bolts? they do have to be visible on the front of the car right? Taped to the inside of the windshield? Wire tired to a fog light grille or the bumper?

Do we need to drill holes, or pvoide zip ties with them?
Jeroen
Ok, I just got the final price for the rallye shields and confirmed the order
I ordered 75 of them. I promissed one to Lawrence and one to myself, so you'll get 73 biggrin.gif

Bad news is that they're gonna be a bit more expensive than I had reconned
The reason is because of the custom shape of the shield.
This will add $100 to the price

Like I said, I ordered them any way.
If there's a budget (that is, if we can get enough sponsors), I'd like to get these $100 extra payed. BUT ONLY IF THERE'S ENUF BUDGET/SPONSOR MONEY
If not, see it as my extra donation/sponsorship of the event.
It was my decision to order them, I'll eat it if we can't raise enuf money.

Good new is, I'll have them in 2 weeks time
(and you'll prolly have them in 3)
smilie_pokal.gif

As for attachement to the car. The shields come with 4 holes pre-drilled
So the can be zip-tied...

cheers,

Jeroen
JeffBowlsby
At this moment we have 54 paid registrations which include $10 each for the RS so thats how I will calculate what we can contribute. Maybe the sponsorship mopney can cover some of the additional cost?

Per my previous email, I figure we will really only need 65, so if you wnated to reduce the order quntity it might save some $$$. Might save ebaying the remaining shields. Then again, the remaining shields mighht sell out anyway...
Jeroen
Jeff,

I wanted the rallye shields to pay for themselves, so that we could use the $10 for the t-shirts with the sponsor logo's printer on the back

Don't worry, a shirt like that will attract sponsors and I'm sure I'll get all the money we need...

cheers,

Jeroen
seanery
I'd like to have one.
seanery
Jeroen, is it too late to change the art?
Mueller changed his company name and has a new logo. I can send an AI or EPS today if it's not too late.
Jeroen
Sorry, it's already at the printers...

cheers,

Jeroen
seanery
ok, i'll let him know.
Jeroen
Mike just e-mailed me the new logo.
I looks nice and it's a shame that it won't be on the RS
I already told him about it...

I finalized the design monday and send it to the printer tuesday. Things were confirmed earlier today, so we're past the point of no return

cheers,

Jeroen
VegasRacer
As I said in a post on page one of this thread -
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Apr 27 2004, 08:48 PM)
If there are any extra shields after everybody gets one, I would like to buy 3 or 4 more.
VegasRacer
QUOTE(bowlsby @ May 5 2004, 05:38 AM)
I am still very curious about how/where to attach them to the cars?

How would they do it in a European Rallye?  

I have a large collection of European Rally Plates. There is evidence of many ways of attaching them including bolting them on, double sided tape on the back of the plates, racers tape around the edges, zip ties or wire, magnets glued to the back of the plates, etc.
There are many creative solutions. sawzall-smiley.gif smash.gif blowtorch.gif

Here are a few photos.
If you want to see more just ask. I have lots.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.