Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Went to Pomona Swap Meet yesterday
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Steve
I was pretty bummed. Only three or four, four banger semi stock looking 914's in the show area and nothing but rusted VW parts in the for sale section. There was a 74 914 on a trailer in the parts area that was a pick and pull, but most of the good stuff was gone. I also saw a side shift tranny, but didn't ask what he wanted for it. A little bit of 911 odds and ends, but no 911 tranny's or other major components. If you like pre 75 VW stuff, muscle cars and hot rods you would of enjoyed it. Sorry I didn't take any pictures since I am only into Porsches and I didn't see anything worth taking a picture of. To add to my day my clutch cable broke on the way home and I didn't even notice until I got off the freeway. I thought I was driving an automatic when the clutch pedal disappeared. I only live 4 miles where it broke down at, but had it towed home anyway. I don't think I will be going to the Pomona Swap Meet again for awhile.
dry.gif
r_towle
Dont give up, these things seem to cycle up and down.
Most people are to lazy and the ROI is not worth it when you can use Ebay and CL to sell your stuff.

Rusty aircooled parts is all we see up here in the Northeast...so I happen to like the internet for certain things....even with shipping.

RIch
Beach914
I went also with Ed Arango and we met Andy there, I agree not many parts to pick except what 914xprs and Detoxcowboy brought. A couple of 914's in the show area are on Craigslist and have been for some time.

Lot's of muscle cars and hot rods of course.

You should have seen the White 76 914 with water still in the trunk!!! Think he was asking $3K for it.

I'll stay with Internet and hop out to Terry's when I need some parts.
silver74insocal
bummer...last time i was there (last year in the summer) there was 4-5 teeners, a couple speedsters and some 911's. there was also a guy there with a trailer full of 911 engines. i dont think anyone expected the weather to be that nice, the next one i will hopefully attend
RiqueMar
QUOTE(silver74insocal @ Jan 17 2011, 08:16 AM) *

bummer...last time i was there (last year in the summer) there was 4-5 teeners, a couple speedsters and some 911's. there was also a guy there with a trailer full of 911 engines. i dont think anyone expected the weather to be that nice, the next one i will hopefully attend

agree.gif It's really hit or miss when you go in the winter, but in the summer, it's usually a decent turn out.
BIGKAT_83
I was there also,suprized me at how big it was. There was alot of good hot rod stuff. Made for a good Sunday morning. I had also gone to the cars and coffee in Irvine on Saturday morning saw Joe sharps car but could not find him.

bob
Steve
QUOTE(BIGKAT_83 @ Jan 17 2011, 08:35 AM) *

I was there also,suprized me at how big it was. There was alot of good hot rod stuff. Made for a good Sunday morning. I had also gone to the cars and coffee in Irvine on Saturday morning saw Joe sharps car but could not find him.

bob

I also went to Cars and Coffee, but I didn't get there until 7:30 and it was already full and they wouldn't let me in, so I had to park the teener in the garage. I also saw Joe's car but couldn't find him. Except for the two sixes, there wasn't much there this time. Maybe it is the winter!!
Cap'n Krusty
I quit going to Pomona back in the 80s when there were more undercover LASD deputies than real buyers in the Porsche section ........................

The Cap'n
detoxcowboy
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Jan 17 2011, 09:26 AM) *

I quit going to Pomona back in the 80s when there were more undercover LASD deputies than real buyers in the Porsche section ........................

The Cap'n

Thanks for the Heads Up!, I was there helping 914 seller and kept a low profile but next time, I will be more cautious.. I had an Illegal Smile, If you get my drift... unsure.gif
7TPorsh
I almost went thinking i may find a few things but backed out when i remembered I never see anything but lowriders and american parts.

Then there is the parking and entrance fee.

Of all the times i have been...lots. i never see teeners. Only once there was a 6 conversion; i think it was gold. Guy was selling for 32K. Nice but sheeeeesh!
detoxcowboy
Quote"Then there is the parking and entrance fee."

I was going to drive my 914 there and park it next to the one we brought on the trailer and the truckload of parts, but for the $50 space fee to display it.. We would have brought another truckload but between trailer and truck w/ the 4 am start w/ no sleep we ran out of time..
EdArango
Yep.....I was there looking for that perfect tub!!
No dice.
But Andy bought a nice set of 16x7, 5 lugs and Dave bought some 914 visors!
pete000
Pomona has really gone down hill. More like a Flea Market slash Hot rod show.

Porsche and VW parts have really fallen off. I haven't gone in years. Last time I was there I got burned on a set of late alloys that ended up slightly bent and not usable.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.