Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 73 914-4 for $25K
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mike Bellis
You can't much from the pictures but I think it's a little overpriced. It does come with custom fender stickers.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/cto/2164099336.html
underthetire
QUOTE(kg6dxn @ Jan 17 2011, 09:51 AM) *

You can't much from the pictures but I think it's a little overpriced. It does come with custom fender stickers.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/cto/2164099336.html

Think they added a zero by mistake?
SirAndy
Good luck getting that kind of money! beer.gif

If the 34k miles are indeed original it may be worth that much to someone ...
idea.gif
RFoulds
I think I have seen that one for sale before. If its the one I am thinking of, he has owned it for a few years, over paid for it when he got it, and is just trying to get out of it.

But again, I hope he gets it.
Mike Bellis
Maybe it's one of those super rare rust free 914's you always hear about?
EdArango
I bet it has rust........just like the rest of them. lol-2.gif
dflesburg
Things are only worth what someone with money is willing to pay.

Living in a world made up of your own dillusions isn't so bad, in that world, your 914 runs.

Just because you are paranoid doesn't mean you aren't being watched.

Rav914
I placed a bid for this car on ebay a few years back. The silly Porsche stickers on the fenders jogged the memory. I want to say it was 2006?

Anyway, the car had roughly the same number of miles then. The service done 600 miles ago was probably when it was bought. The hell hole had just the slightest hint of surface rust. The rest was immaculate. IIRC the final price was a little over $13K.
EdwardBlume
$25M gets you a sweet 996 cab, or real close to a decent Cayman. Hard to think a white 34k 914 will get you the same smiles...

AndyB
Its those cool stickers that are driving the price biggrin.gif
bembry
QUOTE(RobW @ Jan 17 2011, 07:04 PM) *

$25M gets you a sweet 996 cab, or real close to a decent Cayman. Hard to think a white 34k 914 will get you the same smiles...

Agreed, and THOSE STICKERS LOOK LIKE ASS.

Why do people do that? WTF.gif

Otherwise, nice looking, if overpriced car.
rick 918-S
I hope he gets it, but I'm not too confident.
Jake Raby
Hell, if it sells you'd think owners of nice teeners would be supportive! People used to bitch that the cars never brought the kind of money that a 911 counterpart did.

The more they bring, the better cars will be restored.. People won't spend the required funds to build nice cars if they know they are going to lose their shirt at sales time, never being able to come close to a recoup of their investment.
moparrob
QUOTE(Jake Raby @ Jan 17 2011, 08:04 PM) *

Hell, if it sells you'd think owners of nice teeners would be supportive! People used to bitch that the cars never brought the kind of money that a 911 counterpart did.

The more they bring, the better cars will be restored.. People won't spend the required funds to build nice cars if they know they are going to lose their shirt at sales time, never being able to come close to a recoup of their investment.

agree.gif
boxstr
With the kind of miles on the car it is worth it. Go out and try to find one. Few and far between.
Craig at CAMP
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(moparrob @ Jan 17 2011, 08:19 PM) *

agree.gif

cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif

Sure. It reminds me of a conversation I had with a true old time 356 guy. A real P man through and through. I asked him, which 356 he loved the best, and yes, he had them all... his answer: the most recent 356 sc, why? because its nice when they improve....

My 914 isn't worth a million dollars... its worth much more than that... I always said if my Dad's 914 and my 993 were in my garage and my house were on fire, I'd roll the 914 out first... nothing against the 993, but I love my 914. The only problem I have with people who cash out on their "investments" is that they are cashing out at all... drive 'em. aktion035.gif
nsr-jamie
Thats about the going rate for a low mile, clean, original 73-74 2 liter here in Japan...in fact I just saw a 74 2.0 SE creamsicle go up for sale starting at 33,000 dollars....thats a lot of money but the car was incredible....I am not sure if it sold though....in the future I can see our cars going for these prices for nice clean examples.
JmuRiz
Wow a big-bumper '75 selling with a list price of $14k...that's amazing.

And the link above that, looks like Italy likes the 914 eh...probably just a euro:USD conversion thing though.
PanelBilly
QUOTE(nsr-jamie @ Jan 18 2011, 01:19 AM) *

Thats about the going rate for a low mile, clean, original 73-74 2 liter here in Japan...in fact I just saw a 74 2.0 SE creamsicle go up for sale starting at 33,000 dollars....thats a lot of money but the car was incredible....I am not sure if it sold though....in the future I can see our cars going for these prices for nice clean examples.

Hey, when I'm done with my car, can you help me sell it in Japan
Archie
Spot on, Jake!

Cairo94507
Is the owner hiding something under the stickers? Why would someone stick those on the car? Looks terrible. Quickly remedied though and the rest of the car looks nice. I like white too.
skota
bought mine a few months ago for $5500, perhaps I got in at the right time? biggrin.gif
nsr-jamie
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Jan 19 2011, 05:49 AM) *

QUOTE(nsr-jamie @ Jan 18 2011, 01:19 AM) *

Hey, when I'm done with my car, can you help me sell it in Japan

Sure, send it to me and I will find a buyer for you and I get 10 percent
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.