Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Idle air controller for Audi 5000CS quattro
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
anderssj
IAC on my old (1986) audi is toast, NLA from dealer and all of the usual suspects. FLAPS has one by BWD/Intermotor (OEM was VDO). Of course, evilbay seller has one too, this one by Standard Motor Parts (SMP). Any experience with these? (not that I have much choice)

Admin can move this to another forum if the garage isn't the right place . . . .

Thanks in advance!

Steve A-
rohar
partsgeek has bosch in stock: http://www.partsgeek.com/catalog/1986/audi...trol_valve.html

Not cheep
r_towle
look at the 92/93/94 VW Eurovan...might be the same part...its an Audi 100 motor, audi wiring, all sorts of audi stuff.

Might be the same part....
or similar specs anyways.

Rich
anderssj
Thanks for the suggestions. The bosch part only fits the non-turbo cars (3 pins instead of 2). I've checked the interchange numbers across the bus stuff too. "BUS DEPOT" in PA said they can't get them anymore either.

May have to give the FLAPS unit a shot--comes with a 12 mo warranty. Not sure about the one on evilbay . . .

Thanks again!

Steve A-
aircooledtechguy
That's a junk yard part if I've ever seen one. shades.gif Probably $5 at best. Grab a hand full. . .
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.