Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: Trip odometer reset knob
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
DanT
I believe these are aluminum with a allen head set screw...to attach to the cable that goes to the trip meter numbers.
this is the little knob that sits below the dash to reset the trip meter
detoxcowboy
member 914xprs has it.. his name is terry, he is a friend and good parts ource. I know he has it because I helped him with all his parts this past weekend at the Sonoma Fair Grounds, he is in Riverside CA. (So. Cal.)..
914werke
Two styles ; Early as you described knurled steel I think, w/ a small set screw & late plastic knob, push to fit.
DanT
If it will fit I would prefer the early style....this is for a '75. Does anyone know if they are interchangable?

thanks smile.gif
detoxcowboy
QUOTE(DanT @ Jan 17 2011, 10:28 PM) *

If it will fit I would prefer the early style....this is for a '75. Does anyone know if they are interchangable?

thanks smile.gif

Terry as above has the early one.. a few of them. send him a pm, this is what he does.

****yes they are interchangable..
koozy
Hey Dan, let me do some digging... I'm betting I have one for ya smile.gif
DanT
thanks Mike smile.gif
pete000
Speaking of odo reset cables. I just put mine back together after having it fixed and the cable seems to bind when routed to the hole under the dash. I tried every possible angle for the cable, but it always seems to bind. Seems too long. It worked before I took it out but was still a bit tight to turn. When it is not bent it spins nice and easy.

Mine is a 74 and it has the plastic knob.

Any tricks to get this to work better????
jetboy
I soooooo need one of these too. I guess im gonna PM 914xprs.
dangrouche
cheapie fix is getting a knob from that has a setscrew from Radio Shack; this is what I use. I just let it hang down under the dash.
914werke
QUOTE(jetboy @ Jan 18 2011, 11:01 PM) *

I soooooo need one of these too. I guess im gonna PM 914xprs.

Chk out my ad (link in signature) Pic on post #16 smile.gif
steeks
I have an early one, I have no idea what a fair price would be. PM Me.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.