Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What is Number 4?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jones
Once again, what is Number 4? Just curious.
Brad Roberts
You will know the whole story very soon.

I located what may be the very first 9146 ever assembled by Porsche (it is in my posession)

It is a full blown prototype car sharing very few pieces with what we see now.

B
SpecialK
Once again, what is Number 4? Just curious.

confused24.gif

Alfreds I.Q.?
campbellcj
A chicken burrito plate? chowtime.gif
jones
Very cool, thanks!
Can't wait!
J P Stein
.....but most importantly, my autocross number.
Brad Roberts
Yes.. I admit it. We have a special locked down area where we chat about JP's AutoX car.

There.. I said it.. LOL

JP.. I hear you are not coming to the WCC Yack.gif

B
Bleyseng
nor I am... headbang.gif
ablose58
MMMMM let's see ? A gasoline powered turtle neck sweater? biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif Just kidding! AL
J P Stein
Nopers, sorry.
I was late in puttin dibs on that weekend.
My son and his family are comming up here.....I had planned to go down there....they already have tickets and other committments.

The kid picked that weekend cause there is a PCA AX here. confused24.gif

In other news, I got my new tiars figured out on the last half of my last run, Sunday. Good thing, too, since I hosed up the first half. Ended up being my fastest run still.....by about a second.

Them Hoosiers are VERY forgiving.....they recover quicker than you can think "oh shit", so let em' slide.
31/33 f&r.
Brad Roberts
Did you get any tire temps for me ??

The fronts must have been really working to warrant a starting point of 31 cold.

B
Qarl
Methinks that #4 and the WCC have something in common!

unsure.gif
J P Stein
No temps.

The fronts were cooler than the rears.....by hand.

The South pit's traction is even worser that the Pro pits. The front seemed to bite a bit better than last time out....tho I learnt to get rid of the push in the tight stuff. Keep braking and turning till the back end steps out, then grab a handful, if you happen to be at the apex, so much the better laugh.gif ..... I'm gonna soften the front bar a bit more.
Brad Roberts
I taught 3 people at our latest AutoX that they have 1st gear in their 914's...

Push huh ?? what rate rear springs right now ?

B
J P Stein

Did I mention the South piss is rougher?
Guys were tellin me that different wheels were coming off the ground in different places on that last half.

Yup, still some push it the tights, but I think I can get it with the AR bar. I hate to go stiffer in back.
914momo
J P. Thanks for the ride i really enjoyed it. ( Im hooked ) biggrin.gif Ill be out there as often as i can learning it up.
jarbuthnot
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Apr 26 2004, 11:20 PM)
I located what may be the very first 9146 ever assembled by Porsche (it is in my posession)

I was just wondering about it and was going to post a thread asking what's happened. Now I don't have to biggrin.gif
seanery
That's a bunch of bs. Brad & Mark talk about McDonald's extra value meal #4 - Double Quarter Pounder with Cheese. mmmmm sounds good.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.