Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Looking to mount MSD on battery tray (like ECU)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
moparrob
I've searched for about 15 minutes and I can't seem to find any pics. Mine is going on a /6 conversion so no stock ECU (nor bracket to work from).

So has anyone mounted their MSD box off of the battery tray? Any pics?

Any reason NOT to do so? I see alot of folks fabbing brackets to the firewall, but I was going to see if the area behind the battery would be a good spot.

Should I try to mount the Blaster coil there also? Or just keep it in the stock location?

Thanks in advance beerchug.gif
70_914
I recommend nutcerts for a nice clean install.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
Yes we have done it and just use the original ignition control unit plate. Makes for a very clean installation

http://www.autoatlanta.com/detail.php?Part...l_number=205997

QUOTE(moparrob @ Jan 19 2011, 09:44 PM) *

I've searched for about 15 minutes and I can't seem to find any pics. Mine is going on a /6 conversion so no stock ECU (nor bracket to work from).

So has anyone mounted their MSD box off of the battery tray? Any pics?

Any reason NOT to do so? I see alot of folks fabbing brackets to the firewall, but I was going to see if the area behind the battery would be a good spot.

Should I try to mount the Blaster coil there also? Or just keep it in the stock location?

Thanks in advance beerchug.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.