So I went thru the bearings front and rear on the race car and replaced them (I do this every few years on the race car), and when I replace the rears I disassemble them and put a much better quality hi-temp race grease in them. I did this today and admit I just wanted to get done so I didn't take pix as it would require a lot of hand cleaning between steps, but overall it is really easy.

Take a large, flat blade screwdriver, pry the inner races out slowly and the seals pop right out with them. Remove the bearings and their retainers, pop out the balls and thoroughly clean all the factory grease out. You will be really surprised how little grease is actually in there as well - people tend to grease the crap out of bearings - I have seen front hubs completely filled with grease - and it is a major waste of grease. I put in more than is there from the factory, but don't bother packing it in as it just makes a mess.

When you reassemble the seals will go in by just running your thumb around the circumference and pushing into the little groove.

Again, this is CAKE easy so worth the extra 15 minutes of effort to use a better quality race grease in them IMHO.

Practice disassembly and reassembly with the old ones you take out first to get some confidence and proof of how easy it is, then pop the new ones apart and grease away.

Just thought I would throw this out there as the first time I did bearings I didn't do this, and when I took them out a couple years later the grease was beat to hell and crappy whereas quality race grease holds up much better. I use Lucas' red, nice and tacky, Hi-Temp Lithium grease, but any good hi-temp lithium grease will work.