Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OK My turn - WTB 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
plas76targa
Hello all. First post here. I've been reading these posts, researching books, and watching these ads. I'm looking for a 914 to use as a daily driver. Preferences:
1) a well maintained car that would require just standard maintenance. I don't have the garage or space for a fixer upper.
2) Would like a 73-74 2.0 Liter. in basically stock format. and if possible least amount of rust. Ok - maybe I'm asking too much.
3) Appearance group option or limited edition.
4) within 2 hrs of the Bay Area. I'd like to see the car in person.

I went to the Santa Clara breakfast - sorry I didn't get to meet more of you. Enjoyed talking with Andy and Brad. I'll get out to some of the WCC events too. Thanks in advance to any assistance in finding a Teener.
rick 918-S
Great to see your here! clap56.gif I can tell you've been bitten! You'll never be the same...
mightyohm
QUOTE(plas76targa @ Apr 26 2004, 09:51 PM)

1) a well maintained car that would require just standard maintenance. I don't have the garage or space for a fixer upper.

Do these exist? biggrin.gif I wanted one like that too when I bought my car. Didn't turn out quite that way.
SirAndy
QUOTE(plas76targa @ Apr 26 2004, 10:51 PM)
I'm looking for a 914 to use as a daily driver

hey Matt! wavey.gif

i hope you know what you're getting yourself into laugh.gif

actually, i think you do! glad you could make it to the breakfast.

hope to see you around,
Andy
Brad Roberts
Matt,

welcome. clap56.gif

I have the car for you. STOCK 1974 2.0 Yellow.Fuchs.Nearly flawless. It came into the shop on Saturday while we where at the breakfast for a new STOCK muffler. VERY nice unmolested stock car.

I'll have pics of it tomorrow for you. Ball park figure is: 7500$ Our shop has maintained it and several other 914's for the owner for over 10 years. We have all the service history and records. If I wasnt soo poor right now I would buy it since Yellow is one of my fav. colors.

It was a pleasure speaking with you at the breakfast.

B
seanery
Welcome to the club Matt!

If the yellow car doesn't pan out there are lots out there, maybe not as original. Another thing that may make a good car is an early car with a newer 2.0 or larger motor.
GaroldShaffer
Another thing that may make a good car is an early car with a newer 2.0 or larger motor.

agree.gif

I have a 70 with a 75 2.0L & side shift.

- Garold
JeffBowlsby
I'll get out to some of the WCC events too.

Hi Matt, sorry I didnt get to meet you on Saturday.

If you do want to come to the WCC, you will need to register for at least some of the events. Without registration we cant accommodate folks who just show up at the door for the Friday events, and for the Sunday events if you bring a 914.
plas76targa
Thanks for the welcome everyone!

Brad sent you a PM - would like to see the Yellow teener.

Bowlsby - I can't make any of the Friday events. was going to watch the auto-x or catch a ride if possible. Sunday I want to see the cars at Hayward.

Rich - finish that 918, I've read some of your threads. I gather we're all looking forward to seeing (and hearing) that one.

I WILL find a 914 that fits my needs and in the meantime I look forward to meeting more of you and enjoying this BBS.
Gint
Welcome to the club Matt! beerchug.gif
Rusty
Welcome, Matt! Great to see you here!

-Rusty smoke.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.