Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Favor from Denver 914 members?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
chuckc
Would anyone of you 914 experts from the Denver area be willing to inspect a 73' 1.7 for me. I found it on criag's list and it's in my range (jokingly low) but I'm a little leery of buying it unseen. I spoke to the owner who was nice while selling me on it. smile.gif His name is Nathan.

Here's the add: http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/2157353014.html his number is in it but he gave me another I don't feel right posting.

My name is Chuck, my number is 202.236.912six and I'm looking for my first 914. I'd really appreciate any help I could get.
peace,
Chuck
KELTY360
I think you want to edit your post to correct the spelling of Denver. There's lot's of guys there who might help.

Good luck and.......

welcome.png
TROJANMAN
Unless you have to have a flared car, and those wheels, there HAS to be a nicer looking car near you........ The shipping costs are going to add to the cost also.

Kevin lives in Lakewood, if he doesn't chime in, I'd be happy to go and look at it for you.

In fact, I have a straight rust free '71 with clean title I'd be willing to sell you at that price (if this car doesn't check out)
Gint
QUOTE(TROJANMAN @ Jan 20 2011, 07:36 PM) *
In fact, I have a straight rust free '71 with clean title I'd be willing to sell you at that price (if this car doesn't check out)

With a toasted engine harness still?

I'm on call this weekend, already working Saturday and sicker than a dog, but if no one else steps up I could go have a look maybe Sunday. Bump this thread over the weekend.

Fixed your thread title.

I wouldn't want to pay for shipping on a $2500 914. But that's just me.
TROJANMAN
QUOTE(Gint @ Jan 20 2011, 09:40 PM) *

QUOTE(TROJANMAN @ Jan 20 2011, 07:36 PM) *

With a toasted engine harness still?

I should have said "needs assembly" laugh.gif

I think my point was that neither is worth the money. But then again, someone just sold an engineless 914-6 Roller for $31,000 so what the hell............

How is the quattro world treating you?
Markl
I'll be in Lakewood tomorrow - I've got a busy day, but I could try to take a quick look. Kevin's far more of an expert than I am. Let me know.
bandjoey
but it has the rate 4x130 bolt pattern! laugh.gif
I'd look closer to home. Rule #1. Always rust somewhere on a 914 Rule 2 Don't fall in love with the first one you find. Ask a lot of us how a $2500 car ended up costing mega $$$. welcome.png
chuckc

Fixed your thread title.

I wouldn't want to pay for shipping on a $2500 914. But that's just me.

Thanks for fixing the post. I hope you feel better. I think the shipping will run in the neighborhood of $900. I don't mind primer, definitely want rust to a min and either want flares or will add later.
Take care,
Chuck
chuckc
Ok guys thanks for the offers to help...common since...and what sounds like wisdom from experience has kept me from sleeping all night. Seriously...couldn't sleep a wink. blink.gif Half dreams of fiber glassed hell holes and not being able to get a clear title have made me paranoid and I start work in 10 minutes.

Between this thread and another I posted on "Salvage titles" I've been talked out of it. So unless you want to take a look out of your own curiosity please don't on my behalf because I don't think I'll pull the trigger on this one and I don't want to waste your time. I really appreciate the willingness.
peace,
Chuck
Markl
Hi Chuck, if you're looking this far afield, you must be having a hard time finding something local to you - Ben Martin's '75 here in Denver looks real nice, and Brant has a sweet yellow '75 he's had for sale - I've seen Brant's up close, very nice, my son wants it bad.

Good luck, I think you've made one wise decision so far, salvage title is often a bad sign.
majkos
QUOTE(Markl @ Jan 21 2011, 08:35 AM) *

Hi Chuck, if you're looking this far afield, you must be having a hard time finding something local to you - Ben Martin's '75 here in Denver looks real nice, and Brant has a sweet yellow '75 he's had for sale - I've seen Brant's up close, very nice, my son wants it bad.

Good luck, I think you've made one wise decision so far, salvage title is often a bad sign.

agree.gif Salvage title are PIA
I sent an e-mail to the guy last night
Haven't hear from him yet
I'm always leary of other people FG work.
Most times the rust is still there. NICE!

Brant and Ben's 914 are VERY nice, something to think about
chuckc
QUOTE(majkos @ Jan 21 2011, 11:15 AM) *

QUOTE(Markl @ Jan 21 2011, 08:35 AM) *

agree.gif Salvage title are PIA
I sent an e-mail to the guy last night
Haven't hear from him yet
I'm always leary of other people FG work.
Most times the rust is still there. NICE!

Brant and Ben's 914 are VERY nice, something to think about

Yea, I'm on a laughably low budget, hence the looking at Salvaged cars smile.gif. I tried looking for Brant and Ben's 914 but my newbness is showing and couldn't find them, but I have a sneaking suspicion that "VERY" nice means keep saving.
On another note I sent Wayne Fry (tat2dphreak) an inquiry about his 72' 2056 with the idea of maybe flying down and driving it back. smile.gif we'll see.
majkos
That's the best way to go,
Drive home a 914! irish914.jpg

(Never heard from the guy)
bandjoey
Wayne's car is hot. If you drive it you'll buy it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.