Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: passing from 1.7 to 2.0
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
sc42766
Hi , i just bought a fuel injected 2.0l to replace my 1.7 fuel injected , my question is is it sort of (plug and play) , do i just take out the 1.7 and put the 2.0 and turn the key or do i need to buy special things ? can i use the same muffler ? ..........

tanks in advance for the advice

martin
SLITS
You can use the same exhaust system, but you will lose a bit of HP as the 1.7 system is restrictive for the 2.0.

To convert to a 2.0 system, you would need the right and left HEs, the muffler hanger and a muffler from a '73-'74 2.0.

You also should have the Brain and MPS for the 2.0. If you have all of that with the engine you bought, you are golden.
orange914
all depends... how complete? especially f.i.
tscrihfield
Martin,
I recently pulled the 2.0 out of my 74' most of the stock components I pulled are staying out. I have the original Dansk muffler, bracket, and I have a set of SS heat exchangers all in GC. I had them for sale if interested let me know.

Thomas
r_towle
What year 1.7 is your car now?
The reason I ask is I have heard a rumore (probably from SLITS) that the 73 2.0 liter Djet system is nothing more than the 1.7 liter system with a resistor on the CHT.
Obviously you have different intake runnners and plenum, but I seem to recall that it was a transition year and the remaining 1.7 ECU and MPS units were used to fill the gap.

Rich
orange914
once you deciefer what you have this will let you figger out what you need

http://members.rennlist.com/pbanders/DjetParts.htm
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.