Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Barrett Jackson lot#1292
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
boxstr
Just checking out lot 1292, 1929 ford coupe built by Boyd Coddington. If you look at the interior, those have got to be 914 seats.
Craig at CAMP
PlaysWithCars
Wow! The profiles do look awfully familiar. Like what they did with the leg support on the lower cushion. Of course, I'm 6'4" so my legs hardly touch the lower cushion on the stock seats.
boxstr
Car sold tonight for $99,000. Must have been the seats.....smile.gif
Craig at CAMP
biosurfer1
Is it me or has BJ prices fallen off a cliff? I understand the economy is in the dumps but wow, it seems like just a couple years ago cars on Saturday were routinely going for $3-500,000 with several going for $1 Million+

These days a $250,000 is on the top 5 board and the highest vehicle was a boat?!
boxstr
The lineup doesn't have any $1m cars. But lots of corvettes, and resto mods. With that real wild card 56 desoto Selling at $335000.
What you have to do to gauge the market is take into account the other auctions that are not televised. RM, silver,mecum,Russo and Steele. These auctions are also in Scottsdale at the same time as BJ, they just don't get the coverage like BJ.
Craig at CAMP
biosurfer1
I feel like watching those other auctions, especially Mecum, don't gauge the market well at all since they have reserves. Often times there will be half a dozen cars that cross Mecum that don't sell. While I know BJ prices are often fueled by booze and ego's, at least all the cars sell and set the market.
jasons
Yeah, There's 3 or 4 other auctions going on here the same week. I know R&M and Gooding both have $1M+ cars. BJ gets all the attention because of Speed TV but it doesn't always have the priciest sales, just the most publicized. I don't think BJ had any of the record breaker class cars this year. And, I would agree prices are still down but up from the last 2 auctions.

About the Boyd rod, it was sad to see the look on Scotties face as that car sold. I'm not sure if he was disappointed about the price or the sale in general. I would guess that car sold at a loss. Kind of sad, considering its the last Boyd rod.

BTW its a fun week to be a local, you see a lot of nice cars in the street.
Porcharu
A little after the Coddington car sold a brand new 2012 Ford Boss 302 sold for $450,000! This car was the only Blue Laguna Seca they will every make so it was at least unique. Helps that this was a charity auction for junior diabetes. Most of the cars were donated by those with $$$$.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.