Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Compatibility Question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
76-914
So I started on my '73 yesterday. I should mention that this car started out as a 1.7 and is now a 2.0 GC. 1st I checked the MPS. Both coils were good and it held 10lb vac more than 2 min's, so I was elated. Until I discovered that the MPS was a 022 906 051E. As I read it, this is the '73 1.7 MPS. dry.gif The ECU is a 039 906 021a. What can I expect? Anyone out there with actual experience involving this marriage. PBLanders section on this is still under construction. Thanks ahead of time.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
a little less kick especially in the top rpm range. Although these days with old worn out engines, old vacuum leaking, lower injector flow injection systems consisting of mismatched components and bad fuel injection parts rebuilds you may not notice anything to the point where you would think that the pressure sensors interchange

QUOTE(76-914 @ Jan 21 2011, 10:48 AM) *

So I started on my '73 yesterday. I should mention that this car started out as a 1.7 and is now a 2.0 GC. 1st I checked the MPS. Both coils were good and it held 10lb vac more than 2 min's, so I was elated. Until I discovered that the MPS was a 022 906 051E. As I read it, this is the '73 1.7 MPS. dry.gif The ECU is a 039 906 021a. What can I expect? Anyone out there with actual experience involving this marriage. PBLanders section on this is still under construction. Thanks ahead of time.

r_towle
If you have an MPS that works, it can be adjusted.
You can get an Air/Fuel meter to check how you are running and use a resistor inline with the CHT to add more fuel throughout the range.

Rich
SLITS
Kent,

The ECU is an 052 .... run it with an 049 MPS and you should be good to go. If you don't have one, I will look.

Instead, buy the Schlitslom and don't look back ... we can work a trade .. heh heh
r_towle
QUOTE(SLITS @ Jan 21 2011, 03:20 PM) *

Kent,

The ECU is an 052 .... run it with an 049 MPS and you should be good to go. If you don't have one, I will look.

Instead, buy the Schlitslom and don't look back ... we can work a trade .. heh heh

whats a Schlitslom?

Rich
SLITS
QUOTE(r_towle @ Jan 21 2011, 12:29 PM) *

QUOTE(SLITS @ Jan 21 2011, 03:20 PM) *

Kent,

whats a Schlitslom?

Rich

Ahandie coined the phrase for the Chalon that now resides in Slits Asshole Garage & First Church of Celestial Polygamy.

Chalon = Shalom
76-914
All good info. I think I have one Ron, but I'll call you if not. I might get with you about adjusting one of these Rich. It sounds interesting.
Bleyseng
witha 052 you can run a 049 but at WOT you will be running a bit lean.
a 043 is the correct MPS for it as that is a 2.0L 74-76 one.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.