Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: importmotor.com los angeles
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914 shifter
anybody no the deal with this company?i saw an add on evil bay bs.gif ?
914Sixer
RUNNNNNNN
bembry
Do a search--these guys are about as popular as Herpes.

remember if it looks too good to be true. . . .
EdArango
I asked the same question a few months ago and everyone told me to run away as fast as I can!!

ED
Haudiosolutions
I've looked into them also but seeing everyone just say run with no explanation of why draws more questions. I'd love a Raby engine but I can't spend that much for an engine. I could build mine but I've never done it before and would prefer someone with all the right tools to put it back together. Then I think an already built long block sounds great.
HAM Inc
I have no experience with them and have never heard of them. But I know what it takes to do these engines and heads the right way. I assure you that at that price you will not get a quality product.

Over on Jakes forum right now he has photos of the internals of a HP stroker T1 built by a company that advertises and puts out atttractive looking engines for equally inexpensive and tempting prices. It made it 2500miles before it lost oil pressure. The disgusted owner took it to Jake to determine the cause. The resulting autopsy revealed exactly what I would expect for the price paid.

Save your money til you can do it right the first time!

Dave_Darling
There are several forum members here with experience with Import Motors. As far as I remember, all experiences were uniformly negative. In some cases, very negative indeed.

It could be that there are happy customers out there, and that the only people who were motivated to post were the ones who felt like they were burned, but... Add that to the prices that are low enough that it seems that someone doing a good job would lose money on each engine, and you get the advice you have already seen: Run away.

--DD
SirAndy
QUOTE(Haudiosolutions @ Jan 22 2011, 03:45 AM) *
I've looked into them also but seeing everyone just say run with no explanation of why draws more questions.

No explanation? confused24.gif

The 2nd reply in this thread says it all: "Do a search here"

This topic has been covered front to back many times. There will be hours of reading if you actually went through the "trouble" of searching for their name here ...
shades.gif
914 shifter
i just put on my nikes i am running like hell WTF.gif piratenanner.gif blink.gif barf.gif ar15.gif
Haudiosolutions
Geez.. didn't realize asking what I thought would be a valid question or mildly inquisitive would be put out as sounding lazy. Perhaps before anyone posts questions, maybe they should got through a little "trouble" and search... As a matter of fact I searched all over the internet and found very little to do with them. positive or negative.

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jan 22 2011, 09:04 PM) *

I've looked into them also but seeing everyone just say run with no explanation of why draws more questions.

No explanation? confused24.gif

The 2nd reply in this thread says it all: "Do a search here"

This topic has been covered front to back many times. There will be hours of reading if you actually went through the "trouble" of searching for their name here ...
shades.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(Haudiosolutions @ Jan 22 2011, 09:20 PM) *

Geez.. didn't realize asking what I thought would be a valid question or mildly inquisitive would be put out as sounding lazy. Perhaps before anyone posts questions, maybe they should got through a little "trouble" and search... As a matter of fact I searched all over the internet and found very little to do with them. positive or negative.

Uhmmm, before you ever posted in this thread, someone already suggested that this had been discussed here before and to do a search.

If you go to the search page:
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act=Search&f=2

and type in:
importmotor

you get two pages of results, all of them dealing with the same question and the same subject.

What am i missing? confused24.gif
johannes

I've looked into them also but seeing everyone just say run with no explanation of why draws more questions. I'd love a Raby engine but I can't spend that much for an engine. I could build mine but I've never done it before and would prefer someone with all the right tools to put it back together. Then I think an already built long block sounds great.

If you want a cheap Raby engine, I suggest you take a look at Original Custom http://www.originalcustoms.com/engines.php. ... They build engines that have been developped in collaboration with Jake Raby, and the prices start at 4500 $

wub.gif

Brujo65
call Fat performance http://www.fatperformance.com/
Haudiosolutions
Notice the two posts below your last post.... Those were helpful without a hint of misplaced attitude. Thanks guys. I'll check those out
914 shifter
QUOTE(johannes @ Jan 23 2011, 04:04 AM) *

If you want a cheap Raby engine, I suggest you take a look at Original Custom http://www.originalcustoms.com/engines.php. ... They build engines that have been developped in collaboration with Jake Raby, and the prices start at 4500 $

wub.gif

tres bien monsieur cheer.gif
sean_v8_914
the one and only first hand example I took apart looked like a refurb built from a pile of parts that "looked ok to use"
VW guys used to build engines like that. they would pick used parts out of a pile of dissassembled engines based on what looked OK to use. sometimes this works, sometimes it doesnt. compression and valve geometry is set by eye.
there is a CO in east co of san diego that still does that. I got one for my 66 bus in 1993. it ran till 1998 when I sold it.
Jake Raby
QUOTE(johannes @ Jan 23 2011, 05:04 AM) *

If you want a cheap Raby engine,

Thats an oxymoron... lol-2.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(Haudiosolutions @ Jan 23 2011, 07:58 AM) *
Notice the two posts below your last post.... Those were helpful ....

As would have been a search, as suggested ... shades.gif

And just for the record, those two posts did not say a word about "importmotor" which is the topic of this thread, if i'm not mistaken.
popcorn[1].gif
johannes
I answered this part
I'd love a Raby engine but I can't spend that much for an engine. I could build mine but I've never done it before and would prefer someone with all the right tools to put it back together.
SirAndy
QUOTE(johannes @ Jan 23 2011, 01:45 PM) *

I answered this part
I'd love a Raby engine but I can't spend that much for an engine. I could build mine but I've never done it before and would prefer someone with all the right tools to put it back together.

I know, i wasn't ragging on you. biggrin.gif

You answered one of "Haudiosolutions" questions, which is great.

My point simply was that this thread was started by "914 shifter" and he specifically asked about "importmotor". He never asked about a Raby engine.
And "Haudiosolutions" initial complaint was specifically about the lack of explanation in regards to the "importmotor" question.

shades.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.