Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: blinking brake light on dash
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tomh
I just had to bleed the front brakes on my 72 and now the blinking red light on my dash will not go out.
should I also bleed the rears?
I checked the switch for the e-brake and all seems well there.

any ideas?
jim912928
There is a little switch/button on the master cylinder that needs to be pushed to reset it. Look underneath the car at the master cylinder and you should be able to see it fairly easily.
type47
I think you should bleed the whole system if you go to the effort to bleed the front; not that much more work and the job gets done more completely, certaintly not much more cost. You probably know to start farthest away from the master cylinder (Right Rear, RR) then LR, Right Front, LF. As far as the brake light blinking, look for a reset button on master cylinder (as mentioned above) and look to see that the emergency brake handle aligns and pushes on the switch for the brake light.
nsr-jamie
QUOTE(jim912928 @ Jan 23 2011, 06:18 PM) *

There is a little switch/button on the master cylinder that needs to be pushed to reset it. Look underneath the car at the master cylinder and you should be able to see it fairly easily.

Where is this little reset switch?? I had the same problem too and still have it, I got the car all jacked up, got under the car and there is NO switch under there...my car has been upgraded with a 19mm 911 master cylinder but I have looked and looked and there is no reset switch or button on there anywhere at all....please somebody tell me where this switch is or even better show one with a picture.
TheCabinetmaker
Jamie, I don't think the new 19 mm have the reset switch, but I'm not sure about that. You could unplug the wire and see if it goes out. Like was said earlier, could be the park brake handle.
Vysoc

I had the same issue after bleeding/flushing the system, mine has the 19mm Master Cylinder upgrade as well. Take the front left wheel off and you can work through the small opening to get to the MC. Unplug the wire and replug it back in, problem solved.

Well it worked for my mine?

Vysoc sunglasses.gif
tomh
Thanks for the help on this isssue.With out this forum owning this car would not be as enjoyable.
detoxcowboy
QUOTE(vsg914 @ Jan 23 2011, 06:04 AM) *

Jamie, I don't think the new 19 mm have the reset switch, but I'm not sure about that. You could unplug the wire and see if it goes out. Like was said earlier, could be the park brake handle.

the 19mm has the switch at least my new ATE one does..

On the M/C it's self where the pressure switch is. there is a little plastic push button next to the spade connector. More like so tiny it's hard to see.
push it in and you are good to go. You should be able to get to it if you turn the wheel to the right and snake your hand up in the hole to the M/C.

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.