Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: crooked headlight assembly
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
chuckc
I've noticed quite a few 914 with droopy eyelids; light covers that just don't line up with the hood.

What does this mean? I imagine there is more than one answer to that question and if there are any repair threads I'd love to be pointed towards them.

peace,
Chuck
Eric_Shea
There's three rubber bushings holding the eyebrow in. Most are bad gone and/or rigged together (on a 914??? Naaaaaaaaaaaaa!). Accidents, and improper fixes are the major causes.
tod914
I'd consult the Oracle of Delphi for an answer. My magic8ball broke.
VaccaRabite
On my car the rubber attachemtn points were mangled and so the little eyebrow was pop-riveted in place. Its on my eternal "fix it" list, as well as re-bushing my headlights.

Zach
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(chuckc @ Jan 23 2011, 08:44 PM) *

I've noticed quite a few 914 with droopy eyelids; light covers that just don't line up with the hood.

What does this mean?

It means their owners don't understand how to adjust the headlight mechanisms.
dry.gif
detoxcowboy
QUOTE(Racer Chris @ Jan 24 2011, 07:24 AM) *

QUOTE(chuckc @ Jan 23 2011, 08:44 PM) *

What does this mean?

It means their owners don't understand how to adjust the headlight mechanisms.
dry.gif

agree.gif but maybe they know how but just for whatever don't..

general laziness..
VaccaRabite
I have adjusted and adjusted and adjusted.... My drooper will never be right until I fix the eyebrow that makes it look droopy, and bush the control arm (currently bushed with electrical tape only). Right now its set for night vision over good daytime looks. When the days get longer, it will be adjusted for daytime looks and poor lighting at night.

Zach
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.