Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Targa California April 7-9, 2011 Teeners welcome !
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TRE Cup
Hello everyone,
the third annual running of Targa California is coming April 7-9, 2011. All teeners are welcomed to join this event. Last year had a fine showing of 914-6's (real and converted) , 914-4, and a Subie powered beauty. Hope you can make it. Please enter before March 1st, as the entry fee goes up $50
Thanks
Dave

Any questions? contact me at targacalifornia@gmail.com

NASA presents a classic car tour for 1975 and older makes* that winds its way through some of the best sports car roads California offers. This non competitive event is a way for car enthusiasts to enjoy their older cars in the manner that they were designed for: DRIVING !

Starting just north of Los Angeles, the tour winds its way over and through mountain passes, canyons, and plateaus. Up through parts of the central valley, then out to the coast. We drive as far north as the Carmel / Monterey area with stops for unique interests and lunch. Challenging roads with spring time vistas await. There are no check points, time limits, or trophies. Just plain fun camaraderie with 124 other car teams.

Our headquarters for Thursday and Friday nights, is in Paso Robles. A secure area of our Headquarters hotel is set aside to park our cars. Wash facility will also be provided.

Being the third edition of the Targa California, we have taken it up a notch. Included in your entry fee, for each team, is a welcome dinner Thursday evening, a farewell brunch on Saturday, and a Team packet. Packets include dinner/brunch tickets for two, route books, car 'plaque' stickers, and more.

There will be special gifts awarded by sponsors for multi car teams, unique models, and spirit.

Each car is considered a team. Each car must have one NASA member to be eligible to enter. Proof of insurance, valid driver licenses, are required in advance of the event.

Please fill out the entry form request page as soon as possible. This event is very popular and will sell out.

We wish to thank Klub Sport Racing, SSF Import Parts, Pelican Parts, TRE Motorsports, Print On All, Gunnar Racing, and Automotive Innovations & Restoration for sponsoring this event.

*All makes and models of autos are eligible as long as they adhere to the classic era of 1975 and older manufacture. For examples; newer Fiat 124 (Pininfarina), Datsun 260 Z, Porsche 911 (-1989) follows this spirit. Replica cars are encouraged to enter as well.

For Wednesday night April 6th, we are recommending that you stay at the Rodeway Inn, 31558 Castaic Road, Castaic CA 91384-3190
(661) 295-1100. Parking has been set aside in the rear lot of the hotel. We will be holding our driver meeting in the parking lot with coffee and donuts, on Thursday, April 7 at approx 7:30 am.

Paso Robles HQ hotel. Call them now to make reservations.
The Best Western Black Oak Motor Lodge is conveniently located at: 1135 24th Street, Paso Robles, California, 93446-1309, US Phone: 805-238-4740 Fax: 805-238-0726 Toll Free Reservations: 1-800-WESTERN (800) 937-8376 Email: info@bestwesternblackoak.com MENTION TARGA CALIFORNIA FOR THE SPECIAL GROUP RATES

The dates are arriving April 7 and leaving April 9 (2 nights)

Go to National Auto Sport Association - nasaproracing.com for entry info and sign up
Mike D.
Is anyone here planning on attending this event? I did this last year and it was a great event! This is the first year it is a paid $$ event. I spoke to Dave at TRE and he said he had to go with NASA because of sposor participation and insurance. He also said there are lots of "goodies" and extras that he has never had before. Guess thats why we're paying!
Anyway, I think I'm going and looking to split Hotel room as I am now out of a ar15.gif job.
dw914er
I did it the first year; it was a blast. Bummer it's no longer free, but it's life.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.