Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I'm stumped.... what size bolts for the seat belts?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
stugray
The part number 111 857 793 E turns up plenty of hits, but Isnt this a standard thread bolt?

I thought 10mm, 12mm..... nope.

Guess what seems to fit? I dont believe the answer I got.

What's the secret?

Stu
edwin
pretty sure it's imperial.
7/16 for memory
stugray
thats what I found! 7/16-20.

Why is there a SAE bolt on a German car?
TROJANMAN
I think I have plenty of these bolts sitting around in my garage. Do you need a couple? I can send some up your way.
Richard Casto
QUOTE(stugray @ Jan 24 2011, 08:43 AM) *

thats what I found! 7/16-20.

Why is there a SAE bolt on a German car?

I seem to remember a previous discussion saying this was some type of regulatory/standardization thing?

Richard
stugray
TROJANMAN,

Thanks for the offer, but I found them at ACE once I figured out it wasnt metric.
They just dont have the shoulder on them, but these are for racing belts, so I dont think it will matter.

Stu
brant
Stu,

a tiny tip
the bolt that screws into the center tunnel seat belt mount

the length is critical
no harm will be done, but if it extends too far the shift bar will hit it on shifts and you'll bolt everything together to find out you can't get over to F/R

the stock bolt has a spacer for the belt, and even reusing the stock bolt becomes too long when the spacer is removed. So you may need to trial and error, but off your new bolt.

hey.. what is the name of the mexican restaurant you like around here.... I haven't been but need to try it.

brant
stugray
Brant,

Thanks for the tip. Those linkages are so delicate to adjust, having interference that you dont notice would drive you crazy.

The restaurant is "Tacos Don Jose's".
It is on Main right in front of the old Kmart.

On another note, I changed my mind and I am going straight to Webers and a Raby Cam package.

Do you have all of the carb settings for this altitude that you could share?

Stu
Phoenix-MN
11x1.25

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...eatbelt++thread
brant
QUOTE(stugray @ Jan 24 2011, 09:27 AM) *

Brant,

Thanks for the tip. Those linkages are so delicate to adjust, having interference that you dont notice would drive you crazy.

The restaurant is "Tacos Don Jose's".
It is on Main right in front of the old Kmart.

On another note, I changed my mind and I am going straight to Webers and a Raby Cam package.

Do you have all of the carb settings for this altitude that you could share?

Stu

I've driven by that place.. never stopped
I'm going to have to go try it... thank you

carbs:
I think your on the right track here. the stock cam is just weak, and why give up 10hp if the rules allow it. The cam will support anything you do later. The - carbs are really common around here. every motor is alittle different, but once you get it running I have a few things that will help. probably 125-130 mains, but I'll have to double check (I haven't ran a hot cammed -4 in 8 or so years)

but I have quite a few 4cylinder main jets left over and also a tail pipe innovate

once you get there you can definitely borrow. Its a lot easier to use a stash of jets to figure out what you like and then buy just 1 size, versus buying 3-4 sizes to try with. And the innovate can be used for runs on the street (I did it on hwy66) to see what the mixture is at redline in real time.

There is a ton of good info and experience around here for the carbs, won't be a problem.

brant

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.