Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone know what's going on with 914 Appearance and Performance?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mharmon
Anyone know what's going on with 914 AP? Placed an order with James on Sept 9th and have not yet received what I paid for and ordered. At first I was at least getting phone calls back from James, but since late-december I haven't heard back from him, despite at least half a dozen phone calls.

Anyone know what's up?

Thanks for your help.

Mike
dr914@autoatlanta.com
We have had an order in for a while as well (maybe since the beginning of December We just checked on the 14th and James said that he was shipping the 17th. He has many many orders and works his heart out to fill them, just gives you an idea of how popular the 914 restoration is these days. He is ok though and not going anywhere.

QUOTE(mharmon @ Jan 24 2011, 11:58 AM) *

Anyone know what's going on with 914 AP? Placed an order with James on Sept 9th and have not yet received what I paid for and ordered. At first I was at least getting phone calls back from James, but since late-december I haven't heard back from him, despite at least half a dozen phone calls.

Anyone know what's up?

Thanks for your help.

Mike

Jakeodoule
I had the same luck working with him.
I was happy with his products and the speaker boxes exceeded my expectations.
However it took months and a lot of calls to receive product.

ConeDodger
It's a family business. They have maybe one guy working for them and other than that it is just James and Heidi. I just got a box from them today with carpet and door panels so he is still in business and paddling as fast as he can...
r_towle
QUOTE(mharmon @ Jan 24 2011, 01:58 PM) *

Anyone know what's up?

Thanks for your help.

Mike

What did you buy?
It may need to have been manufactured and I know he does certain items in batch to keep the costs down.

Rich
MDG
Same here. Placed the order early December and Heidi followed up with an email around New Years.

It will come - have patience. I'm happy to have people like James and Heidi out there making these parts. Don't forget, it's not like ordering from a place that just picks them off an inventory shelf.
GeorgeRud
My experience has been the same. Great products, but you might have to wait a while for delivery. I imagine that they don't keep a lot in stock, and make up the pieces when the order is placed. That is actually the smartest way to do business for a small outfit these days, no one can afford to get stuck with stock that isn't selling.

Be patient, it will be worth the wait! His parts and kits are as some of the nicest ones out there!
TheCabinetmaker
Wow, those kinda recomendations are worth more than any advertisments.
montoya 73 2.0
I too would / will recommend his products. I haven't been dispointed in anything he offers and I have alot of it!
RiqueMar
Great things take time. I ordered a carpet kit, and was very impressed, you just kinda have to deal with the tardiness.
detoxcowboy
James is very talented and very busy.. It takes patience.. He would love to to be timely but to get the quality takes craftsmanship and that takes time and with his popularity it is easy to get behind just on the multitude, one order gets behind they all get pushed.

I have been impatient with James previously a couple times and regret it!

But now I understand and take the patience as required.

He is a quality person doing quality work.

Always in the end worth the wait..
cary
He called and left me a message on Thursday. He's around and busy.

He stopped by my shop a couple weeks ago and picked up my seats, dash and targa bar. He was on a trip up to PDX. We had a great conversation. He gave me some great ideas on my rustoration.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.