Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: For Sale - 2.0 GC core motor
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Lennies914
2.0l GC motor out of a '76. I tore the motor down two weeks ago with the intentions of a rebuild. After pricing out the parts and guestimating head work cost I've decided to go a different direction. After all, I already have a 2.0l car. Motor is definetly rebuildable. The cam shows some wear. The barrels measured out good. Two pistons measured bad. For a DD I'd replace pistons,rings, cam & lifters, crank & rod bearings, and have the heads done. $400.00 takes everything, flywheel, clutch, alt, tins, heat exchangers, and probally more. I am keeping the fuel injection system.
BMXerror
What condition are the head castings in? Cracks?
Mark D.
Lennies914
I didn't see any. I will take a close look and tell you for sure. I haven't made any attempt to clean them.
Lennies914
icon_bump.gif
underthetire
Does that mean we'll be doing matching Ecoteks? biggrin.gif
Jeffs9146
He was talking about that all last week! idea.gif
underthetire
My car will be faster, cause you know white is faster than yellow smash.gif
Lennies914
QUOTE(underthetire @ Jan 25 2011, 09:17 AM) *

My car will be faster, cause you know white is faster than yellow smash.gif

I haven't decided on a paint color yet, the '72 was originally white anyhow. evilgrin.gif
Lennies914
QUOTE(BMXerror @ Jan 24 2011, 07:57 PM) *

What condition are the head castings in? Cracks?
Mark D.

Mark,

I can see no cracks in the heads. Two spark plug holes have been repaired with inserts though. The valve seats look really good.
Lennies914
icon_bump.gif
Lennies914
Offers? I could add a 1.7 core as well.
sc42766
QUOTE(Lennies914 @ Jan 24 2011, 05:53 PM) *

2.0l GC motor out of a '76. I tore the motor down two weeks ago with the intentions of a rebuild. After pricing out the parts and guestimating head work cost I've decided to go a different direction. After all, I already have a 2.0l car. Motor is definetly rebuildable. The cam shows some wear. The barrels measured out good. Two pistons measured bad. For a DD I'd replace pistons,rings, cam & lifters, crank & rod bearings, and have the heads done. $400.00 takes everything, flywheel, clutch, alt, tins, heat exchangers, and probally more. I am keeping the fuel injection system.

hi, i would be interested in the heat exchngers

regards
sc42766

hi, i would be interested in the heat exchangers .

tanks
Lennies914
QUOTE(sc42766 @ Feb 7 2011, 05:05 AM) *

hi, i would be interested in the heat exchangers .

tanks

I'm not sure if the exhaust is still around, but I'll check.
Lennies914
icon_bump.gif I need this out of my garage smile.gif
Lennies914
QUOTE(Lennies914 @ Feb 19 2011, 12:01 PM) *

icon_bump.gif I need this out of my garage smile.gif

Price lowered to $350
PMV
What the price for the pair of head´s?

Do you have some pic?

Cheers
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.