1977 Rabbit. Alpine white, not a normal factory option, with red plaid interior, also not a normal factory option for 1977. Power brakes. Starts, stops, runs, and drives great. Recent tune up, timing belt and head rebuild. New fuel pump. Automatic 1.6, only modifications are euro bumpers and aftermarket wheels. Picture below shows nice, not torn headliner. It is dirty though... Pictures don't show side trim, but I do have it. I took it off to buff the car out. New clips are included in sale price. smile.gif Lights all work, including dome light. Intermittent wipers work. Vehicle has the cool mechanical arm rear hatch support, not the more common gas strut. Current tabs.

Problems: missing passenger seat and door card, missing duckbill. Normal rust in corners of windshield.

As far as the alpine white and red plaid go there are some theories. I have tried to research different special edition Rabbits, and this may be a California Special, but I cannot verify the offering of that model Rabbit through any official VW documents. There is a factory paint ID sticker in the trunk so I know it is not a repaint, silver sticker visible in trunk picture. Underside of car looks amazing, spare tire well is straight.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Sorry to anybody who has a modem.

Kevin
253-
227-