Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: turbo tie rods
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
I just recieved a new set of the Lemforder turbo tie rods and after taking them out of the packaging, the ball joint at the end is bent-IE the rod is not flat. I am assuming that the ball joint is just rotated a bit, but I cant straighten it by hand so I'm wondering if this is normal, and when installing, it will straighten???
Part Pricer
I'm a little lost.

Here is a turbo tie rod end. Can you point to the area that you are asking about?

IPB Image
Paul,

Thanks, it's actually the other end of the tie rod, which looks like a ball and socket-
to me it looks as if you should be able to rotate it, and so maybe when they were built they just were not put on straight, but I can't rotate the ball joint by hand to straighten it so I just wondering if this is normal, or a part defect..
ArtechnikA
if it weren't supposed to flex, there'd be no need for a joint, now, would there ?

they -are- stiff; what makes the Turbo tie rods better is the zero compliance.

(BTW - i think Paul's picture shows the end that all tie rods have - the fancy 'turbo' part is at the other (inboard) end ...)
so will it straighten out by it's self or do I not even need to worry about it because once it's on it'll move into postion?
DuckRyder
once you screw it into the rack you will have enough leverage to move it where you need it.
Cool, Thanks guys I was hoping that was the case..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.