Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB - CF hood and trunk lids
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
db9146
I didn't bite at the group buy years ago.

Did anyone who has since changed their mind?

Thanks
carr914
Getty still makes them
db9146
Yes I know....Just thought that if someone had changed their mind......

Had to justify the $500 difference unless you've just got to have the CF look.

IMHO.
Loser_Cruiser
Its been quite along time since the group buy (if its the one I am thinking of). Maybe its time for another. I'd be in for a set if it was in a month.
quadracerx
Not sure how good this will look...but has anyone tried those "car wraps" full car decals? I know they make them to wrap whole cars...so why not the hoods? And I know they make a few different "carbon fibre" patterns....There are some decal guys on this board who might know

Good luck and keep us posted...

Steve
racerbvd
QUOTE(db9146 @ Jan 26 2011, 11:16 AM) *

Yes I know....Just thought that if someone had changed their mind......

Had to justify the $500 difference unless you've just got to have the CF look.

IMHO.

Not just the look, lighter & stiffer.
ConeDodger
Last I talked to them about a group buy for CF lids they were not interested as one of the forums had tried to put one together and they ended up selling 2-3 sets instead of anything near the minimum. That said, it is a different time and different economy. I can try to put something together. I just ordered a grand worth of stuff from them...
JmuRiz
Question, would the c/f lids be better or worse in a crash situation?
carr914
QUOTE(Loser_Cruiser @ Jan 26 2011, 04:58 PM) *

Its been quite along time since the group buy (if its the one I am thinking of). Maybe its time for another. I'd be in for a set if it was in a month.

I happened to talk to them a couple of weeks ago, and I don't think they are interested in Group Buys - I know ours went well (I bought about $3k worth of stuff), but one from another Group went South

QUOTE(JmuRiz @ Jan 27 2011, 10:23 AM) *

Question, would the c/f lids be better or worse in a crash situation?

Depends on the crash - and I doubt an Insurance company would fully reimburse a C/F
jsayre914
smile.gif Can someone post a pic of a car with CF lids installed
McMark
Not really what you're looking for, exactly. But this car has Getty C/F hoods on it. Both hoods were painted with a candy blue. Then the numbers were masked off with vinyl, and the hoods were resprayed in silver. Once that dried the vinyl was removed to expose the blue CF race numbers. sunglasses.gif
jjackson
QUOTE(db9146 @ Jan 26 2011, 12:43 PM) *

I didn't bite at the group buy years ago.

Did anyone who has since changed their mind?

Thanks

Wow, been watching your post and other posts for fiberglass lids.By lack of response, there must be satisfied owners with lightweight lids OR there aren't as many buyers of these items as I would have originally thought.Since racing budget for upcoming year is economically hurt, I've been kicking around idea of building rear lid.Unfortunately, I do not believe that my attempts will be a product that meets others expectations for quality.Satisfied customer input from light lid owners might change my need to produce a mold.Good luck with search .J Jackson
chadhuskey
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jan 27 2011, 01:25 AM) *

Last I talked to them about a group buy for CF lids they were not interested as one of the forums had tried to put one together and they ended up selling 2-3 sets instead of anything near the minimum. That said, it is a different time and different economy. I can try to put something together. I just ordered a grand worth of stuff from them...

just out of curiosity what was the cost for a group buy? unsure.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.