Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PPI?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
racerbvd
mad.gif
Thanks, for your interest in the 914-6. There is no rust under the body of the car nor in the structural parts, doors, etc. there are small surface rust bubble spots at the bottom of the targa bar, around the windshield opening and door handle area. The paint is over 20 years old and while people love it the way it is, I would repaint if I was keeping it. I assume you would repaint, also. It is a very nice driver as is, but a repaint would make it a very nice street show car. I would also have the driver's seat cushion recovered, and the Weber carbs rebuilt.
mad.gif
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Mike Bellis
av-943.gif lol-2.gif icon8.gif barf.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(kg6dxn @ Jan 26 2011, 06:38 PM) *

av-943.gif lol-2.gif icon8.gif barf.gif

agree.gif WTF.gif
Tom_T
Well I'm not sure I understand Mike's cartoon pantomime & there, but that's really sad!

Holy bat shit Batman! comes to mind, if you recall the old TV show! blink.gif

You're lucky the sucker didn't snap in half on the way to your place. Maybe the PO wasn't aware, but the PPI should've found that - even if by only cracking the bottoms of the rockers open & shining a flashlight up there.

Well, at least a real 6 will be worth the cost to rebuild those longs!
racerbvd
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Jan 26 2011, 07:36 PM) *

Well I'm not sure I understand Mike's cartoon pantomime & there, but that's really sad!

Holy bat shit Batman! comes to mind, if you recall the old TV show! blink.gif

You're lucky the sucker didn't snap in half on the way to your place. Maybe the PO wasn't aware, but the PPI should've found that - even if by only cracking the bottoms of the rockers open & shining a flashlight up there.

Well, at least a real 6 will be worth the cost to rebuild those longs!

Yea, the guy doing the work knows Porsches, but the guy who did the PPI, also knows Porsches, race cars ect, but my mechanic said the oil hasn't been changed in a very long time, smelled & the case had SLUDGE in it confused24.gif
This car will compete in Parade, just maybe not this year... hissyfit.gif
Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.