Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wiper blades?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
KaptKaos
I don't drive the 914 in the rain, but sometimes we get a little mist or some dew, and my wiper blades are shot.

I have a Pep Boys close, but they're clueless on which blades will fit. Anyone have some advice on finding the right blades at the FLAPS?
jt914-6
13" blade for the "shepard's crook" arm mount...most blades come with different adaptors....I like the Bosch brand for mine....but it sees very little rain....
detoxcowboy
I just installed "rain x" 13 " wiper blades from a flaps ect.. there was an issue that after mounting them in the "Bosch" Wiper arms there was a little play that was not there when using "Bosch" 13" blades so... took about 5 minutes right there in the parking lot.. I cut the "Rain x" rubber wipers from the Blade mouting arms.. (At this point you bought them and they are not in condition for returning biggrin.gif ) took out the "Bosch" rubber wipers from the "Bosch" Blade mounting and installed the "Rainx" rubber wipers in the "Bosch" Blade mouting arms, took a little thought to do as putting in one of the sides first works easier than the other, a little temporary slight bending was involved, nothing permenant and then lining up the locking tabs into the rubber ends (this is what makes one end first easier than the other).. and walla, bada bing!! The damn rain x w/ the bosh works better than the bosch with the bosch, and i have went through a couple pairs of bosch from pelican parts.. no slight streaking at times that i would have got with bosch..

McGyver..

the rainx in the bosch had less to none lateral play in the moutning arm than the original all bosch wich does have some lateral paly, this is because I think the rainx rubbers are just a bit longer than the bosch rubbers, but not too long...

though i would not use the straight Rainx w/ Rainx Blade mounts as the play was really to much for me to be comortable with wiper arm slop..

oh, the desighn of the rubber wiper for rainx and bosch appears only different in that the rain x uses 2 thinner exterior metal strips for wiper rubber tension and the bosch uses 1 thicker internal metal strip for same, the rubber compound for the rainx seems to be different compostion and somewhat softer more modern rubber (maybe cheaper, less real rubber or more high tech who the ^%#&! knows?), non old school rubber material like bosch, which one is better rubber ,,,,. ??

would i do it again yes! would i buy bosch and not do it again yes!
detoxcowboy
i drink to much coffee.. drunk.gif
detoxcowboy
everybody likes pics..

comes out clean looking...

Click to view attachment
pcar916
I use Rain-X almost exclusively now because I live where it rains pretty often and mine car is a DD. I used Bosch for many years and am officially tired of replacing them every 6 to 8 months. The Rain-X last longer for me than any of the others including ANCO, and wipe better as well. On my car the Bosch rubber was constantly separating at the thinnest part of the blade where it flexes when changing direction and at the tip, where it hangs off of the windshield when it's at rest. There are two Rain-X versions.

I've never bought the premium Rain-X because the lifetime of the standard ones seems reasonable. I also use the Bosch clips.

Good luck
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.