Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bumpers/paint
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
partwerks
Thinking of partially painting my fiberglass bumpers using chrome paint.

http://www.sprayonchrome.com/pinkmustang.html
scotty b
first off the spectra chrome SYSTEM is not cheap. Unless you have someone local with the system forget it.

Second, the chrome paint is not " cheap " but is affordable. I have some sample specimens a company sent me and was not impressed, HOWEVER I have some of the actual paint and am quite certain the samples were done in a pretty quick, minor prep condition, and can look pretty good if PROPERLY done. Give me a few weeks and I will have a sample done. I can tell you in advance, it is NOT a straight forward process. The parts need to be painted all the way out with black, then wet sanded and buffed, THEN sprayed with the chrome, cleared, wet sanded and buffed again. Not quick, not easy, but probably cheaper then real chrome
Mike Bellis
I'd like to do a 914 with spectra chrome. it looks very labor intensive and the basic set up is over $7k. But it would be cool to have a chrome car!
Bartlett 914
QUOTE(kg6dxn @ Jan 26 2011, 11:10 PM) *

I'd like to do a 914 with spectra chrome. it looks very labor intensive and the basic set up is over $7k. But it would be cool to have a chrome car!

Why mess with spray on chrome? Just plate it in white gold.
Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.