Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 24 Hours Daytona is Coming
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bandjoey
Looks like a lot of Porsche cars at the 24 Hour coming in a week. 15 out of 49 entries are Pcars.

Did a 914 ever run in the 24 hour?

Who you rooting for?

You can get info and results on mobile phones:
m.grand-am.com

Zimms
914's in the 24:
1971- Sunoco #5, Brumos #59, Meaney #18 & #19
1972 - Brumos #58, Algar #72, Muniz #81
1973 - Muniz #38, Stoddard #61 entered, but no show
1975 - Hulen #85, Johnson Bozzoni #51, Cutler Pickens #55
1976 - Max Dial #51, Spirit racing #54, Hulen #85, David McClain # 67
1977 - Kirby-Hitchcock Racing #51
1978 - John Hulen #85
1979 - Koll Motorsports #62
1980 - Koll racing #62, Independent Personalized #57, Zotz Garage #83
1981 - Autosport Technology #45, Personalized Autohaus #57, Personalized Autohaus #22, Zotz Garage #33
1982 - Zotz Garage #83
1983 - G. O. Racing #73, DNS
carr914
Click to view attachment
URY914
Click to view attachment
URY914

Click to view attachment
nathansnathan
I was looking at some 914 posters yesterday at the rennlist site, some from daytona, these from 71.
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
Here are some posters, also celebrating the 71 race, I think they are modern versions, I found on some Portuguese site
IPB Image
and perfect for above your homosexually-pillowed couch
IPB Image
URY914

Click to view attachment
URY914
QUOTE(nathansnathan @ Jan 27 2011, 07:22 AM) *

I was looking at some 914 posters yesterday at the rennlist site, some from daytona, these from 71.
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
Here are some posters, also celebrating the 71 race, I think they are modern versions, I found on some Portuguese site
IPB Image
and perfect for above your homosexually-pillowed couch
IPB Image

You like those banners with the yellow 914???

Well they are mine. SOB is stilling selling them without paying me. evilgrin.gif
Zimms
QUOTE(URY914 @ Jan 27 2011, 09:51 AM) *

You like those banners with the yellow 914???

Well they are mine. SOB is stilling selling them without paying me. evilgrin.gif

I am glad you posted that. I almost bought 1.
URY914
What is he selling them for?
nathansnathan
They are nice. I'm a graphic designer by trade myself, so that's saying something; I'm kind of a snob that way. :-)

It's a bit confusing what they are going for, with the translation and stuff. .. maybe $90?

http://produto.mercadolivre.com.br/MLB-163...-alfa-romeo-_JM
URY914
QUOTE(nathansnathan @ Jan 27 2011, 12:37 PM) *

They are nice. I'm a graphic designer by trade myself, so that's saying something; I'm kind of a snob that way. :-)

It's a bit confusing what they are going for, with the translation and stuff. .. maybe $90?

Nathan,

We should team up and make some of our own and undercut him. I know his shipping cost to the US are at least $20/order.

Paul
EdArango
You guys should team up and make them. I bought one of his 917 Gulf banners and I couldn't believe how small it was once I got it. I didn't physically look at them measurement to determaine the size, I went by the comparison to the gay couch. Sure enough that couch must be for Barbies to make the banner look that big.

What a joke!!

ED
URY914

Click to view attachment

URY914
QUOTE(EdArango @ Jan 27 2011, 02:50 PM) *

You guys should team up and make them. I bought one of his 917 Gulf banners and I couldn't believe how small it was once I got it. I didn't physically look at them measurement to determaine the size, I went by the comparison to the gay couch. Sure enough that couch must be for Barbies to make the banner look that big.

What a joke!!

ED

I've talked to a few people about doing it but no one want to get into it. I'd be willing if there was someone who new the art side of it.
URY914
1980. The photos that I'm posting are taken by me at the race. The picture below is all over the web. I've seen it on at least 8 different forums.

Click to view attachment
URY914

Click to view attachment
URY914

Click to view attachment
Zimms
Paul,

His ebay user name is fanmarino. He has some listed with a buy it now at 89-98 dollars and some auctions for the same item starting at 0.

I purchased a shirt from him, and I like the design, but the shirt was really thin, and the grphic was ironed on, not silk screened.

URY914
There were two guys selling banners using my Rennsport Reunion photos. One was in Bosnia/Herzegovina and one was in Austria. It isn't like I can drive over there and kick thier ass. I had an agreement with one of them to pay me a fee for each one he sold but that didn't last too long.
bandjoey
I'll bet Poorsche914 can help if you decide to redo. They're cool art!

BOT...(Back on track) Are the cars and speeds of today just too much for a 914 to compete in the 24 hour now??

What about Sebring 12 hour or other big races today?
poorsche914
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Jan 27 2011, 07:48 PM) *

Bill,
Thanks for the mention. I was just thinking about PMing URY about doing some of these. Let's see what we can work out.

steve
hwgunner
I have a friend that is going. Can't wait to get the pictures from him. beerchug.gif
URY914
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Jan 27 2011, 05:48 PM) *

BOT...(Back on track) Are the cars and speeds of today just too much for a 914 to compete in the 24 hour now??

What about Sebring 12 hour or other big races today?

Sorry the days of a 914 running with the dogs is log over.
oldschool
QUOTE(URY914 @ Jan 27 2011, 01:31 PM) *

QUOTE(nathansnathan @ Jan 27 2011, 12:37 PM) *

Nathan,

We should team up and make some of our own and undercut him. I know his shipping cost to the US are at least $20/order.

Paul

We should all team up and work together aktion035.gif o....been in graphics since 1981 shades.gif..out growing my home studio...lets get a place piratenanner.gif
URY914
beer.gif Sure^^^ I got the pictures and a dot matrix printer. Let's go for it!!!
oldschool
QUOTE(URY914 @ Jan 27 2011, 08:17 PM) *

beer.gif Sure^^^ I got the pictures and a dot matrix printer. Let's go for it!!!

lol-2.gif dot matrix av-943.gif
nathansnathan
QUOTE(oldschool @ Jan 27 2011, 09:38 PM) *

QUOTE(URY914 @ Jan 27 2011, 08:17 PM) *

lol-2.gif dot matrix av-943.gif

That's the hurdle right there, posters cost a lot to print, or I should say large format printers are really pricey. I can only go to 13" by whatever on mine. Would cost around $50 to get something printed poster sized like from here
https://www.megaprint.com/order2/largeformat_order.php

Other issue is quality. Best case scenario, with the original negative 35mm film, the car filling the picture, you get a 914 35mm wide x 24mm tall, scanned at 3000dpi max, printed out at 300 dpi, you get a final output at good resolution of 13" wide x 10"highfor the car. You could stretch it to 150dpi and get a good sized car but it would be grainy.

Large format camera and film scanner, anyone?
IPB Image
gms
My current restoration car was in the 1980 24
Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.