Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Factory Manual
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
19144jt
I bought my 1975 914 1.8, 6 years ago intent on restoring it. I am almost there!! If all goes well I'll be driving it in weeks. When I bought the car the factory manuals came with it. I have mostly used my Hayens manual throughout the rsetoration until this point but I am chasing an electrical glitch that no one seems to have seen before (Even George H. at AA)!! I went to look through the electrical section in my factory manual to see if I was missing anything in the Hayens manual and found that the electrical section (group 9) is missing. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks, John
dr914@autoatlanta.com
We can certainly work through it though John and finally solve it.

The factory manual is now available on a cd where you can print or look at on the computer each section

QUOTE(19144jt @ Jan 27 2011, 10:35 AM) *

I bought my 1975 914 1.8, 6 years ago intent on restoring it. I am almost there!! If all goes well I'll be driving it in weeks. When I bought the car the factory manuals came with it. I have mostly used my Hayens manual throughout the rsetoration until this point but I am chasing an electrical glitch that no one seems to have seen before (Even George H. at AA)!! I went to look through the electrical section in my factory manual to see if I was missing anything in the Hayens manual and found that the electrical section (group 9) is missing. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks, John

windforfun
I have it on PDF. PM me your e-mail address.
19144jt
Thanks doc, I may hit you up again if I can't get this figured out. I called yesterday and talked to Brad about it. He left for a few minutes presumably to ask you. His reply was that no one had ever seen that problem before.

windforfun, PM Sent
jt914-6
QUOTE(19144jt @ Jan 27 2011, 11:35 AM) *

I am chasing an electrical glitch that no one seems to have seen before

Have you put your electrical question on this site??? I'm sure there's someone out here who can help....most likely more that one.....I'ts amazing how many problems are solved by someone here on this site..... beerchug.gif
19144jt
QUOTE(jt914-6 @ Jan 27 2011, 03:24 PM) *

QUOTE(19144jt @ Jan 27 2011, 11:35 AM) *

I am chasing an electrical glitch that no one seems to have seen before

Have you put your electrical question on this site??? I'm sure there's someone out here who can help....most likely more that one.....I'ts amazing how many problems are solved by someone here on this site..... beerchug.gif

Yes, extensively. It was back a few months ago but it was discussed for a few days with no resolution.
jt914-6
I would put up another thread and see if it gets any results...... smash.gif
19144jt
I found the thread from a few months back (well August actually). I talked about a starting problem which I have fixed but the flashing gen light and tach bouncing is still there. I took the alternator out and had it tested with the voltage regulator by a real shop that rebuilds starters, alternators etc. and the alternator was good so now I'm really confused. Anyway here is the link to my thready from last summer:

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...p;#entry1360027

I don't know if it will work but the topic was Bouncy tach ignition problem...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.