Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Looking for Ideas
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
badboybear
Hi,

My wife & I have 2 914's, one a 70' & the other a 76'. We are new to this and are looking for any advice, etc on doing these projects. Appreciate & look forward to hearing & reviewing all ideas, suggestions, etc.

Thanks,

Mike & Theresa
SirAndy
welcome.png

Post some pictures of the cars, that will help us to get an idea where you guys are at.
bye1.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
Wonderfully worthwhile, simple, great driving, valuable, convertible, good gas mileage, spacious interior, easy to find parts, great support system and aftermarket resources, restoration of the 914 is the rage these days, AND having one of the first year and one of the last year is a great pair. I PERSONALLY like the 76 models the best as they had all of the subtile factory improvements, they were the last of the breed, and the rarest of all of the four cylinders except for the limited edition models

QUOTE(badboybear @ Jan 27 2011, 11:25 AM) *

Hi,

My wife & I have 2 914's, one a 70' & the other a 76'. We are new to this and are looking for any advice, etc on doing these projects. Appreciate & look forward to hearing & reviewing all ideas, suggestions, etc.

Thanks,

Mike & Theresa

badboybear
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jan 27 2011, 10:27 AM) *

welcome.png

Post some pictures of the cars, that will help us to get an idea where you guys are at.
bye1.gif

We will by Saturday morning & thanks. beer.gif
badboybear
Thanks so much...we really look forward to do this project together. Glad it seems like we found the right group of folks to help & guide us compared to some other websites we viewed. Will post picturs Saturday morning west coast time. Thanks again for the warm reception,

Mike & Theresa

QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Jan 27 2011, 10:35 AM) *

Wonderfully worthwhile, simple, great driving, valuable, convertible, good gas mileage, spacious interior, easy to find parts, great support system and aftermarket resources, restoration of the 914 is the rage these days, AND having one of the first year and one of the last year is a great pair. I PERSONALLY like the 76 models the best as they had all of the subtile factory improvements, they were the last of the breed, and the rarest of all of the four cylinders except for the limited edition models

QUOTE(badboybear @ Jan 27 2011, 11:25 AM) *

Hi,

Thanks,

Mike & Theresa

markb
welcome.png
McMark
welcome.png

You'll find everything you need here. If you're doing full restorations, start by stripping everything off the chassis and repair the rust.

If you're just trying to get them running, rebuild the brakes and then work on getting the engine to run right.

My advice? Get one running to drive and enjoy, then dig in big time on the second one. sunglasses.gif
Als914
welcome.png When you can, post some pic's of your two teeners.
Tom_T
Cool - a hubby & wife team doing a matching set - of sorts! biggrin.gif
welcome.png
badboybear
Tom T...I know a Tom T. Are you in the insulation business by any chance, works out of office in Chino? Thanks and will update with pics Saturday

Mike

QUOTE(Tom_T @ Jan 27 2011, 02:08 PM) *

Cool - a hubby & wife team doing a matching set - of sorts! biggrin.gif
welcome.png

bembry
suggestion: stock is pretty.

Even the big bumpers aren't bad to me anymore.
PanelBilly
The first thing you need to do is buy his and hers jackstands

and if you need some help offering beer and BBQ always seems to bring lots of helping hands to the garage door. Pizza and beer works too
914.SBC
QUOTE(markb @ Jan 27 2011, 10:49 AM) *

welcome.png

WELCOME FOR SURE....
I am new myself and I can tell, these guys know the 914 and are so helpful.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.