Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: powder coat oven fix
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ONTHEGRIND
So I know its not a 914 question but I have a small powder coat oven that is no longer getting the heating elements to work anyone have any ideas what I should look into to getting it to work again the vent fan kicks on but no heat..
bfrymire
QUOTE(ONTHEGRIND @ Jan 27 2011, 10:58 AM) *

So I know its not a 914 question but I have a small powder coat oven that is no longer getting the heating elements to work anyone have any ideas what I should look into to getting it to work again the vent fan kicks on but no heat..

There is a small schematic in the back of the PDF. I would trace the circuit and make sure all elements have voltage on them. More than likely, either a blown fuse/circuit breaker or an open connection/wire. Looking at the schematic, I don't see any kind of fuse... So, the other thing it could be, is the switch. Again, a little time with a multimeter and you should be able to find the problem.

Almost missed it.. There is a thermostat which could also be bad.

If you take the panel off, and take some pictures we can also point out places to look.

-- brett
ONTHEGRIND
I was also thinking thermo since every thing else works until the heating element and the thermo is the only thing that is wired in front of that ..

Nice car b.t.w I checked out your site nice car =What would you charge me to fix this oven ?
bfrymire
QUOTE(ONTHEGRIND @ Jan 28 2011, 11:47 AM) *

I was also thinking thermo since every thing else works until the heating element and the thermo is the only thing that is wired in front of that ..

Nice car b.t.w I checked out your site nice car =What would you charge me to fix this oven ?

Where are you located? If you are close, you could bring it by, and we can go through it.

I am not in the business of fixing them. So, I do not charge. I will help you fix it.

smile.gif

Thanks for the comment on my car!

-- brett
76-914
Ohm out youur elements first. No continuity, no worky. If these are ok then find the hi-limit switch. It's a heater/oven and should have one, as such (UL requirement). Some are reset type and others need to be replaced. Once you locate it, just jump it w/ the volt meter to check for presence of voltage. If you've got voltage then it's the limit switch. The thermostat can be checked w/ ohm meter. Watch it switch on/off as you cycle it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.