Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Replaced fuel lines today
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TheCabinetmaker
Been dreading this job big time. I had a very faint smell of gas in the cab, and figured it had to be the tunnel lines. Read everything I could find, took up all the forward interior, looked a loooong time, read some more, looked some more, and finally went for it. I never did find the exact spot of the leak, but the inside of the tunnel was wet. Plastic lines were not damaged or cracked. Best I can figure, it was the transition from metal to plastic. I have to say this job just sucks. I was glad to have some good help(on rails) to guide the lines back in as I pushed from the rear. This would have been a "near" impossible job for one person. I'm relieved to have this behind me. What I don't understand is why they stuck metal half way down the tunnel, and then changed to plastic? How much money could that have saved them?

No gas smells in T-town. smilie_pokal.gif
Gint
Nice goin! Got pics? What did you use for the lines?
SirAndy
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
TheCabinetmaker
I knew you guys were gonna get me on that. No pics, I was too busy concentrating on the task at hand.

5/16" brake line thru the tunnel, and high pressure rubber hose elsewhere.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.