Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: horn pad
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914itis
I would like to renmove my horn pad, any instructions on how to do it?
bigkensteele
You have to rotate it one way or the other. I don't recall if it is clockwise or counter, but you will figure that out soon enough.
914itis
QUOTE(ppetion @ Jan 28 2011, 10:36 PM) *

do I have to watch out for any poping spring?
bigkensteele
No, but you might need to disconnect the wire for the horn before you can pull it too far away. Sorry that I don't recall clearly as it has been a few years since I yanked mine and put on a Momo.

I do remember that no springs go flying.
914itis
QUOTE(ppetion @ Jan 28 2011, 10:41 PM) *

QUOTE(ppetion @ Jan 28 2011, 10:36 PM) *

do I have to watch out for any poping spring?

Thanks buddy
914itis
gthanks again, I rotated it counterclock wis and it came right off. mine has no speing or wire to disconnect. (1970)
bigkensteele
Fah-get about it!

Sorry, haven't been to NYC in awhile. Need to get back up that way.
914itis
QUOTE(bigkensteele @ Jan 28 2011, 11:06 PM) *

Fah-get about it!

you are welcome nre time.. just pm me if you are coming this way... will buy you a beer.... there was a teener on the WTB last week for $700.00 my brother was interested. it is in ohio i think , if he buys it , I may come up your way to haul it.
bigkensteele
QUOTE(ppetion @ Jan 28 2011, 08:10 PM) *

Fah-get about it!

you are welcome nre time.. just pm me if you are coming this way... will buy you a beer.... there was a teener on the WTB last week for $700.00 my brother was interested. it is in ohio i think , if he buys it , I may come up your way to haul it.

If it is anywhere near Cincinnati, PM me and I might be able to check it out for him, and you can buy me that beer if it is worth the trip down here.

If you are going to take your steering wheel off, I think that it is a 17mm socket. If it has never been off before, you might need a breaker bar. I recall that mine was pretty stubborn.

Good luck!
914itis
QUOTE(bigkensteele @ Jan 28 2011, 11:21 PM) *

QUOTE(ppetion @ Jan 28 2011, 08:10 PM) *

Fah-get about it!

If it is anywhere near Cincinnati, PM me and I might be able to check it out for him, and you can buy me that beer if it is worth the trip down here.

If you are going to take your steering wheel off, I think that it is a 17mm socket. If it has never been off before, you might need a breaker bar. I recall that mine was pretty stubborn.

Good luck!

just wanted to paint it with some vinyl paint.... (done and looks nice)
mburkhart
I want to repaint the metal around the rubber on the horn button. Any advice for removing the rubber section from the metal frame? Should I leave it alone and just mask it off?

Mike
McMark
It's simply glued in. Careful pressure will remove it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.